Camp Cool Kidz 2

This one shot takes place after the Camp Cool Kidz episode at some point in time after the first season. It should be of note that the one shots in this "book" are completely separate unless otherwise said. This one shot is dedicated to Tiger for always being energetic. 

David's point of view.

I was just so excited.

"I'm just so excited Gwen." Gwen sighed and rubbed her eyes.

"I know, you keep saying that." She replied.

"Just because it's true, we've got a whole bunch of activities planned for tomorrow." I twirled in the air with excitement. 

"Yes David, we have, still I feel a bit bad making the campers work so hard just to get ready for them." I thought for a second, she was right and I myself did feel a little guilty. But then I brightened up.

"True Gwen, but I'm sure they'll forget all about it when they hear about the choclate fudge, quiche party later." I swung the mess hall open and frowned. " Have we had this conversation before?" I shrugged. I looked inside to see the chaos that was unfolding, the quartermaster was tied to chair with fruit being slung at him. He spoke in his thick mumbley accent. 

"We got ourselves a revolution." In one swift motion ten tomatoes were slung in mine and Gwen's direction, I tried to block Gwen from getting hit but we were both knocked to the floor by the fruit onslaught. I must have blacked out because that was the last thing I remembered from the mess hall.

I gradually came to, there was a sharp ringing in my ears. A voice screaming my name. I opened my eyes to see Gwen's face incredibly close to mine, nearly taking up my whole field of view. I flinched backwards trying to move away. It was at that moment I realised that I was tied to the flagpole next to facing Gwen, our bodies practically touching. I smiled at her and tried to hide my discomfort, obviously I didn't succeed as I heard the campers laughed at my situation. Max was rolling around on the floor, Nikki and Neil were snickering and the rest apart from Space Kid were openly laughing. Max pointed at me.

"Ha ha ha ha ha, this is so what we should of done last time. Look at his fucking face." My face must have been beet red by being so close to Gwen. Preston cooed at us.

"Aww its so cute, I think we should leave them to it." Max continued to laugh and wiped the tears from his eyes for another minute before following the others back into the mess hall. The door slammed shut and me and Gwen were left alone outside the hall, I could hear the campers throwing things inside. I looked at Gwen our heads were mere centimetres apart. I tried to control my emotions. I liked Gwen, but only as a coworker; camp councillor buddies for life and all. 

"Hey Gwen are you alright?" I tried to ease the tension. I could smell her perfume, it smelt like spring flower, bluebells if I wasn't mistaken.

"Yeah, I'm fine David, just a little pissed that those little shits tied us up again. But hey at least you're the right way up this time." She smiled at me, her purple eyes glistened and I tried to pull away against the ropes again. "Oh, um thanks for blocking the majority of those tomatoes earlier." I was back on solid ground again, I could talk about this easily.

"That's quite all right Gwen, I'm sure you would of done the same." She laughed.

"Clearly you don't know me that well." It was at that moment when Preston came back out of the mess hall. He looked at us chatting and sighed and spoke.

"Awww, young love, so beautiful. I ship it so much! But I think that's probably enough today Romeo and Juliet." He came over and started to untie us. He snapped his fingers. "Oh, I know, David could you kiss Gwen before I let you out." I felt myself heat up again, Gwen rolled her eyes, before turning to one side so I could see her cheek. 

"Preston, I'd rather not, that would be totally inappropriate." Preston turned round to leave. "OK fine, I'll do it, gosh darn heck." I mentally prepared myself. I leaned forward and lightly pecked Gwen on the cheek. It only lasted a moment but I will admit that I enjoyed, her skin was soft and she smelt wonderful. I sighed whilst Preston untied us, Gwen smiled at me and laughed a little. Preston was completely incomprehensible, spluttering nonsense about how it was the cutest thing he'd ever seen. Once I was untied, I ran off into the mess hall to stop whatever chaos was happening. I tried to remove the whole incident from my mind while I removed Space Kid from the ceiling.

Gwen's point of view.

I saw David sprint off into the mess hall as quickly as possible, he was blushing profusely. I turned to Preston he smiled at me.

"How was it Gwen?"

"Pretty good, thanks for setting that up Preston." He clasped his hands together in a show of emotion.

"Do you think the perfume worked, are you going to ask him out?"

"Not yet, but I think he likes me a bit now." I'd kept my emotions in check for the whole incident, but only now did I feel myself heat up.

"Awww" Preston cooed.