shocking truth at the light of the cappuccino

"In the Undine district?"
Asked a twenty-one years old young girl at one of her superiors, who actually is treated more as a family member.

"Yes, this is the first time since the Cardinal case. What a nostalgia. "
The other replied, he was only a few years older than her.
"We have to find those two sisters quickly."

"Don't worry, we'll find them."

[ Meanwhile at Oath ]

Yuuki made her first coffee with Kaya-san's help.
"Don't pour it quickly ... little by little, as if you are making a circle."

" All right. "
The girl with the blindfold answered with a tone of nervousness.

As soon as she finished, she took a sip, to check the taste.
Although she always hated the bitterness.
"This taste ... Not yet. It's nothing compared to the boss's coffee ... "

"If you want to make a tasty coffee, you just have to try it."
Kaya-san said in a caring tone.
"Like people, you mustn't be in a hurry, even for coffee."
The man smiled.
"I'll go in there a while ... You can get help from Clovis, ask him if you have any doubts."
Yuuki watched him heading for the door but stopped.
"Oh yes, there is one important thing that you have to remember.
Oath isn't just a café, it's also where the ghouls of the undine district meet.
There's no need to pay so much attention here, but you must know that ghoul customers are also coming. And we also have human customers like you. You just have to treat them like normal people. "

"But ... We ghouls shouldn't , in theory, avoid humans? Why do we also have humans as clients?"
asked Yuuki doubtfully.

"Since we live in human society ... it's necessary to learn their habits in order to live together.
Their characteristics, how they interact ... their manners and their various meanings ... and finally their food. We have to learn everything if we want to live together. Also ... I like humans ... "

"What did he want to say with that sentence?" Yuuki was very confused by his speech.

"Ah yes, one last thing: suitcases or backpacks ... If a human carries a suitcase or a large backpack ... Notify me. "

"Alright, could you explain why?"
The girl asked even more dubious.

"I will explain it to you soon."
-
Finally also Yuuki left the room.
"I have to be careful if someone carries big suitcases ... I wonder why ..."

And she saw Clovis with a small patch on his face. The boy whispered.
" Come here. "

As she turned the corner, the short-haired girl found herself with a green head coming out of nowhere.
"Hey, hi Yuuki!"

"What are you doing here, Merida?" Yuuki said, surprised to see her friend again.

"To see you work, I came to visit you!" Merida said, smiling.
"You really surprised me! You're not bad at all in uniform!"

"T-thank you ... do you want something to drink?"
Said the strangely embarrassed purple-haired girl.

The girl with the pony-tail immediately rushed to sit down at the first available table and clamored.
" A cappuccino! "

"A cappuccino, alright !"
The short-haired girl said, taking the order in the notebook.

Immediately after, her jacket was just slightly pulled by the so-called customer, who had slightly reddened cheeks.
"Will Clovis prepare this to me?"

"Ah, of course."
Clovis said with a definitely pulled smile.
"I'll take it to you right away."

"Ah, thanks Clovis- kun !!"
Merida exclaimed enough to be heard throughout the room. Clovis left immediately to prepare the order, leaving the two girls alone.

"You know, I also came to thank him!"

" To thank? "

"Are you stupid or what? It was Clovis who saved us from that incident we had!" Merida said.
Clovis returned in the meantime. The green-haired girl kept talking.
"Even though Ryōta was taken to the hospital because the case was very serious ... But the two of us were treated by Clovis-kun. "

" Oh, yes. "
The boy said a little embarrassed.

Yuuki before finally reopening her mouth, she thought for a moment. "Oh ... thinking about it, Kaya-san said ... To say that it was an accident. "
Finally she spoke.
"Looks like the truck driver was sleeping ... it's terrible."

"I don't remember much of the incident ... but I know that Clovis-kun took care of me all the time."
Merida said with her cheeks slightly red. Then she turned to him.
"Thank you very much! To thank you, let me invite you for a walk!"

Clovis did his best to be able to smile as naturally as possible, without looking like a murderer. But Yuuki remembers that it has never really been his forte.
-
"Be careful that she doesn't understand it ... From that dark face. "
Clovis said turning to Yuuki.

"No, it's all right, I did a good job, She won't understand that I did the cappuccino."

"Not that, about you being a ghoul really."

"Ah, yes, all right" Yuuki nodded.

"I don't know what Kaya-san is thinking ... but it's very dangerous to take care of the humans at -Oath- If Merida realizes you're really a ghoul ... When this will happen ... I will kill her if necessary.

"What ?! But she's our friend, remember?" Yuuki said shocked.
" You can't do this! "

"It will seem too severe but ... honestly I would have killed her right away. If she inadvertently spreads too much information about us ... Kaya-san stopped me. It's a good thing that hasn't been too involved. But ... just because Ryōta, who received an almost deadly blow from you, he's hiding, it doesn't mean he can't come back, nobody can assure ... Merida's security here. Well, normally our ghoul clients aren't aggressive ... however you are responsible for Merida more than me. All right ? "

Silence.

"Hiding your secret, our secret, is a matter of life and death, because if she recovers her memory of becoming a ghoul instead of a mere human being, I'll have to really kill her. "

"That's why she behaved like that! Who ... who did this ?!"
Yuuki shouted to Clovis.

" I don't... I don't know ... If we keep hiding our new identities from her, maybe we'll find out.
But for now, we can't do anything, I'm sorry. "
Clovis left, leaving a confused and worried Yuuki.

"M-maybe it's better for me to clear up my ideas...
by cleaning the dishes."