Chapter 2

I guess I won't find who organized last night's shitty party that easily

I guess I won't find who organized last night's shitty party that easily. People are constantly lying to each other and to other people in order to hide the author of that authentic failure. I mean, who threw the party should take responsibility of that and probably decide not to throw parties anymore. This is how it's supposed to work in this area. Though, I don't like it. It's just a way like another to emarginate people, treating them like fucking outcasts.

But, at least, there's a brighter side; I found good-quality weed. After sniffing it for a few seconds, I somehow got attracted by it. Okay, I don't want to develop a dependence, but just try it once every while for fun. After all, it's quite harmless in small doses.

Nonetheless, I know things are going to turn upside down because of what happened there. People can be mean, which is a sign that nothing should be taken for granted when it comes to trust. For example, can I really believe my friends?

Okay, I guess this question isn't worth being answered properly, after all. I'm just rambling, as usual. What the fuck am I even talking about? Right now, I'm sounding pathetic and, what's worse, I'm blabbering in front of a mirror. I should really shame on myself.

In fact, Aalaiyah and Deriyah have just caught me and right now are laughing at me. What's the problem with them? I mean, haven't they looked themselves into a mirror? Okay, I'm blabbering again. I should really shut up. I've just made a really poor figure, and it took me quite a lot to realize that.

Still, I don't let myself be ridiculed, so I flip them off and leave. I barely notice that they're running through the house, perhaps looking for Mom or Dad and trying to have me busted. This is not going to work, though. I have a shit load of proof that they're anything but angelic.

Tired of all the shit around me, I decide to go back to bed and consider staying there for a while. I don't even see the point of staying up only to be belittled and threatened with serious punishment in spite of being twenty as of now.

***

Days have passed since that horror party, and now I don't even care anymore about who threw it. Still, there's a strange feeling I can't get rid off. It definitely involves the fact that I have to go to Audrey's, since it's Netflix and chill day for us. The good news is that Lilly, Alaina and perhaps someone else will join us. The bad news, however, is that Audrey's house is also Jack's.

I know, I know, I shouldn't be overly dramatic and woman up a little bit. After all, he's just my best friend's brother. Though, there's still something about him that makes me want to kill him in his sleep. Yeah, I can't get over the fact that he broke that fucking promise.

What's worse, it really seems as he truly enjoys the current situation so much that he wants to do nothing to change it. He loves seeing me in trouble, having to keep a double conduct with him and Audrey, all while acting like the stereotypical bad boy.

Okay, I never expected the two of us to be together - come on, I can't even think of that! He's my best friend's brother - but at least I hoped that we could still be civil to each other and that we could hang out with each other every once in a while.

Instead, he rejoices every single time I face scorn and humiliation; also, the fact that he won't hesitate to shove his fake girlfriends right up to my face is proof that he really did change. Not in a good way, though: a dark, cruel side of him has since emerged, all because of a promise! Something must've happened, but this shit isn't worth being object of conversation with anyone at all.

So, I'm still a little wary about going to Audrey's, but I actually have to, unless I want to get the silent treatment for declining (politely) her invitation. And, most importantly, unless I want to spend the rest of the day with my pointless, good-for-nothing sisters.

***

Audrey's house is exactly as I remember it: messy and filled with a sense of dirtiness that is pervading it. I know that feeling is definitely related to Jack and his shit. For now, he isn't here, which is a good sign.

Instead, Audrey is here to greet me, even going as far as promising me and the others a surprise. Other than Lilly and Alaina, there are also three other girls I don't know. Or, at least, I don't know their names.

The first one has bright red hair, like Katy's, but her deep blue eyes seem more welcoming, in a way that... let's say that she looks much friendlier than Katy. The second one is quite well-built and has a messy brown bob with a lateral fringe.

Lastly, the last one is the tallest among them; her lean figure and short blonde pixie cut remind me of myself when I was fifteen and had to cut all my hair because I lost a bet. Guess who I lost that bet to? Yes. Jack.

Okay... enough about talking of him. He isn't worth my thoughts. Anyway, we all sit in front of the TV, whereas Audrey is looking for the remote control. Meanwhile, the three girls introduce themselves. Or, at least, the redhead does.

"Hi, you're Pallies, right?" I nod. Then she, after acknowledging my answer, reprises talking. "My name is Jade. These are Casey and Emelia." From what I gathered, Casey is the girl with the bob, whereas the other girl must be Emelia.

"Kaitlyn told me a lot about you." Jade's last statement is leaving me confused, which prompts Alaina to intervene, "She's probably referring to Katy."

"That Katy? Seriously?" I exclaim, not realizing that Lilly and the girl named Casey are both frowning at me in a way I don't really like. On the other hand, the other girls are maintaining their composure, not making a single comment about my reaction.

"Oh, yeah. I guess you must be surprised. Kaitlyn, or Katy, as you call her, is my first-grade cousin," explains Jade. This time, it's Audrey who's left open-mouthed at this piece of information. Does this also mean that there's something more we should know?

For now, what only matters is that, as soon as the show begins, everyone will be glued in front of the TV.