chapter twelve

(Tuesday, 4th, October, 1988)

"HOW COULD YOU!" Alaina Monroe yelled throughout the whole hospital wing. She got to his bed and hugged him and kissed his cheeks.

"My baby!" she cried "whenever we got the letter I was so worried about you, Ryan what were you thinking?" Alaina scolded her oldest child.

"Some people were talking about Caitlin!" he tried to defend himself "and I couldn't stick it anymore and so I tried to fight them but there were too many of them."

"Who, Ryan?" Caitlin asked him again, Ryan looked away from her. "I will not ask you again Ryan Monroe for merlins sake who is it!?" Caitlin yelled at her brother.

Ryan looked at his sister and mom, "it was that's seventh year Slytherins" he said and Caitlin was angry.

"Caitlin!" Ryan yelled "where are you going?"

She never answered him.

Even though it was nighttime, Caitlin marched out of the hospital wing and to the Slytherin house.

——————

She banged on the door yelling very loudly, she repeatedly did this until someone opened the door.

She recognised the Slytherin; Kai Keller. "Was it you?" The Slytherin boy laughed but Caitlin wasn't having any of his shit.

She grabbed him by his top and slammed him into the wall next to the door.

"I asked you a question, I expect you to answer me!" She yelled in his face, Kai looked down into her eyes.

All he could see was fire.

"No" he said "it wasn't me."

Caitlin slowly let go of her grip and then let go of him. "If you didn't do it. Who did?" she asked him, Kai smirked "how about you ask your brother" he told her.

"I thought that I lost my brother tonight. When I  was told that he was in the hospital wing I thought that he wasn't awake. I thought that he was gone. He is my older brother and my best friend, I couldn't do anything without him and you have the decency to stand here and smirk that me. I thought that he had died. Whatever you or someone else had said about me I don't care. I don't care about you or your friends; even if they are your friends. I have so many amazing people in my life and I don't need you to ruin my life just because yours isn't the best. I thought that I lost my brother to Slytherins. I don't care about you or anyone else in your house but whenever you talked about me and put my brother into the hospital wing, that makes me care. I hope that you remember this conversation and trust me if I find out which one of your little buddies but my brother into the hospital wing, I'll put him into the hospital wing."

Caitlin walked away and Kai was left bewildered.

He never knew that a Hufflepuff has so much fire. So much anger. Kai Keller couldn't believe what had just happened.