chaper sixteen

( Thursday, 3rd, November, 1988 )

THE LAST FEW days were the best days of Caitlin's life. Charlie had taken her out on a small date with the permission of her brother and father.

The two didn't really like Charlie. Well they thought that Caitlin was too young to date as she was only sixteen.

Caitlin walked with Charlie hand in hand. She looked up at the taller boy. "What are we going to do for your birthday?" Caitlin asked him.

"I don't know but mum is probably planing something" he said "mum would probably make my sixteenth a big one" Caitlin smiled.

"It looks like I'm going to have to talk with a certain Weasley" she said as Charlie nodded his head.

"Yeah, either that or mum would definitely find you" they both laughed as they could see Molly seeking out Caitlin.

"When is your birthday?" Charlie asked.

Caitlin looked up at him "I know when your birthday is but you don't know when mine is?" She asked him seriously while Charlie was panicking.

Then she smiled "it's June but I've already had my sixteenth birthday" Charlie stopped walking. "I'm dating someone who's older than me?" Caitlin hit his arm.

Charlie's then grinned at her "only a tiny bit older" she said "also it is on the 29th" Charlie nodded his head.

"Should we try to get to know each other a bit better?" Caitlin sat down, she patted the spot next to her "sit" she said.

"I was born on June 29th and I have three siblings. Ryan—who is older by two years–then we have the twins—Aoife and Jackson–they are both four years old. My parents are Sean and Alaina Monroe."

"I like the colour white and my favourite creature is a hippogriff only because my fathers mother –who is my grandmother– had one and I really liked her as a child she was called faith and in greek it is πίστη. I studied Greek because my dads family is half Greek. Faith was the only thing that would get me to visit my grandmother."

Caitlin went quiet "she died two years ago and I miss her so much. When I was growing up I really didn't know that she was as sick as she was. Only whenever I was fourteen did I realise that she wouldn't see me whenever I children of my own. She was the best grandmother and she looked after Ryan and I over the summer or winter holidays because mum would work and couldn't look after us."

Caitlin looked at Charlie. "I really miss her" she said as he held her.

"Charlie Weasley–my mum called me Charles but I don't like that name–I have an older brother named Bill and five younger siblings named Percy, the twins Fred and George and Ron who eats a lot and the only girl Ginny. My mum and dad is Molly and Arthur Weasley."

"I like the colour blue and my favourite creature are dragons. I want to go and study them because I really find them fascinating and they are just creatures that are misread."

Caitlin smiled and looked at the sky. "We've been out here all day" she said "and now it's night" they got up off of the rock that they were sitting on and decided to watch the sky.

"I also love astronomy" she said "Mum taught my siblings and I. She used to be an astronomy teacher in America but stopped when she had the four of us."

"Dad is in the ministry he works in the Misuse Of Muggle Artefacts Office."

They went quiet.

Charlie's then held  Caitlin's hand and kissed it. "I better get you home" he said and they got up. He brought her closer and kissed her gently.

"Thank you for today" she said as they walked back to her house.

"I'll see you soon love" he said as she went outside. "We'll do something for your birthday before we go back to school" she said "and I won't take no for an answer!"

Charlie chuckled as he grabbed a broom and fly back to his house.