1. a run for your money

i was over on halsted selling some prescription pills to one of my clients before heading over to fiona's to meet emma

"now remember, i'm not responsible for whatever happens after you take these." i said grabbing the cash i was being handed.

"don't worry mel, you don't gotta keep reminding me." stuart said.

stuart was a client of mine who usually gave good money.

"alright, well i've gotta run. you know how to find me if you want anything." i said as stuart nodded and i went over to the gallagher house.

once i walked in, i saw that everyone was having breakfast and i saw my brother mike sitting at the table.

"well, i was gonna call and ask where you were but i should've guessed you were here." i said to mike while taking a seat at the table with the rest of the family.

"morning mel." fiona greeted with a warm smile as she got breakfast ready for everyone.

"hey, i hope having emma here wasn't too much trouble fi." mike said as fiona turned to him.

"no, oh my gosh you guys know you're allowed to stay here whenever you want especially since you help pay the bills, i owe you guys." fiona replied.

fiona walked over to the counter and picked up a box putting it on the table.

"electric." fiona said.

"yeah." lip said as he poured a bowl of cereal and passed it over to me.

"thanks, lip." i said with a smile as he nodded.

"coming through." ian said walking into the kitchen carrying carl on his back.

"electric." lip said putting some money in the box.

"electric." ian said putting his money in.

"electric." carl said passing the box down.

"carl did you even put any money in it?" emma asked him as carl rolled his eyes.

"no, you got a happy meal on the front of that shirt." fiona said to carl, she lifted his shirt up and put it inside out.

"oh, field trip need dad's signature." ian said passing his page to debbie.

"okay." debbie said faking her father's signature like a pro.

"debbie, that's great." emma told her as she put money in the box for the electric bill.

"thanks emma." debbie said.

"wow deb, that's getting really good." lip told her.

i reached into my pocket and pulled out five dollars and put it into the box and fiona gave me a smile.

"stuart?" ian asked me when he saw i had cash.

"yeah, i don't know where he gets his money, though. i assume it's from his foster parents." i asked with a shrug.