-17-

Gray and Juvia walked side by side into the school, a new 'normal' for them. Their hands brushed slightly, not quite grasping but light and comforting. The other students knew to stay away from them...at least, when Gray was around. The girls still snickered and poked fun at Juvia in the girl's bathroom, but she didn't take it as hard as she used to.

She had also been participating in class more, her grades rising as she actually completed assignments. The only class suffering was gym, where she was now.

The blue haired girl stared into space, lost in a memory from a month ago...

*Flashback*

"Yes!" She cheered. She had never been this happy. Ever. Somebody finally liked her. 'Love' might be pushing it, but it was all she felt at that moment.

"So...are we dating?" Gray stared straight into her eyes.

"Do you want to go on a date with me?"

"O-okay..." Juvia hadn't meant to stutter, but she was becoming nervous. What about certain...need?

"You sound unsure. You don't have to say yes to everything." He stared at the floor, obviously feeling a bit rejected at her answer.

"No! Of course I want to! It's just that-"
He looked at her expectantly curious as to what she was about to say. She swallowed. "I'm just nervous about...how far this will go..."

(A/N: I know, cliche, it's adorable, shut up.)

Gray took her cool hands into his warm ones, making her look at him. "Juvia...you don't ever have to do anything you don't want to. I won't push you. I respect you and your boundaries, and I hope you will do the same." His eyes sparkled in the faint light, softly gazing at her face. She nodded slowly.

"Can we have...rules?"

"Of course. What were you thinking of?"

"I think we should keep it simple. Just the kissing and touching for now, and maybe later, we can add on..." Gray smiled warmly, a gesture of agreement.

With him, she wasn't afraid to have a voice. To voice her opinion. With him, she mattered.

*End of flashback*

"Lockser!" The gym teacher waved his hand in front of her face, trying to catch her attention. "Lockser, school is out! Are you planning the keeping me here all night? I'm not a babysitter!" Juvia jolted to her feet.

"I am so sorry! I was lost in thought...I promise it won't happen again, sir!" She bowed, blue curls falling into her face.

"It's alright, kid. Just get changed quickly and get your stuff; I still have to lock up once you're done."

She nodded, running from the room. Changing out of her athletics uniform, she grabbed her bag from her locker and walked outside.

Gray ran over, wrapping his arms around her small form. "I was worried you had fallen asleep!" Although his tone was joking, his eyes were concerned.

"I'm fine," she said, put a hand on his arm. "Really. Just remembering the first time you asked me on a date..."

Gray smirked, an idea popping into his head.

"Wanna go on another one?"

*Hurray! Another chapter! More of a filler for their relationship, but I felt like this story needed more fluff...hope you like it!

Wrote another 1000 words for Ereri...aiming for around 10000 in total...😅😅

Don't forget to vote/comment!

P.S. Angel With A Shotgun came on while writing this...SO MUCH GRUVIA FEELS 🙃🙃🙃