Chapter Three

Chapter Three: Power to the Pebble

Sophia's Outfit:

(I do not take credit for any photos shown)

P.o.V: Sophia

"How much longer is it?" Jason asked Billy, as I sped down the road.

"Just 44 minutes and 52 seconds." Billy answered.

"Please Billy boy, I'm sure I can get there faster than that! Hold on tight boys, cause we're about to go through time!" I  said as I slammed the gas pedal.

*TIME SKIP*

"And here we are, the lovely, mysterious Angel Grove mines, which just so happen to closed off to the public." I said taking off my seat belt and looking back at Billy, who was clutching the seat for dear life.

"You're definitely not driving next time." Billy breathed out, catching his breath.  

"Aw, really? Jason, come on." I pouted looking Jason with his major weakness: The look.

"Look, soph, you're my sister and I love you, but you are a TERRIBLE driver, I don't want to die OK?" Jason said, shaking his head.

"Okay... Anyway, Thank you for helping me today." Billy said as we drove past the keep out  sign.

"This is the entrance to the Gold Mine, and clearly Billy, the sign says..." Jason trailed off, as I slowed down just a tad.

"Keep Driving." Billy answered making me smile.

"Ooh, Billy, a Rebel? Never would've guessed that you would be the one to break the law." I said, smiling like an idiot as I drove towards the mines.  

*Another Time skip*

"Look, if we find something cool, then you can keep the half. It's a rule that... They are gonna blow
this whole thing. It will all be gone in a week now." Billy rambled, as he and Jason carried the crate. (I was walking alongside them)

"Billy, can I be honest? The deal was I drop you somewhere I get the van for few hours okay?
This is weird. Like we don't know each other at all. I don't know what we are doing here,
and you seem..." Jason trailed off, glancing at me.  This seem like a moment that I don't want to ruin.

"Wait. I gotta tell you something. I'm on the spectrum."  Billy said making my eyes widen. That actually explains a lot.

"Is that like a workout program? Like, Tae Bo?" Jason questioned, making me facepalm.

"That was a joke right?" I asked Jason squinting my eyes at him.

"Of course." Jason exclaimed making me sigh in relief.

"No. It's a diagnosis" Billy said as they put down the crate.

"I know! It was a joke. I was kidding." Jason explained shaking his head as they picked up the crate again.