1 - What Boarding School?

" Avie, could you please bring down my bag from my bedroom. I forgot to take it with me, " the woman shouts from downstairs, one of her hands firm on the doorknob while the other rests on her hip, giving her the appearance of someone waiting impatiently.

The woman rolls her eyes and gave a loud sigh, knowing fully how her daughter reacts , a common habit she might say. She slowly tucks in a strand of her brown hair behind her ear before closing the door behind her, rushing upstairs in defeat.

No, her daughter is not rude. It's just that that young girl is so immersive in her activity, she sometimes wonder if her daughter is actually possesed by the sacred books.

Quickly, the brunette took her bag , a small drinking bottle full of water and a bottle of white pills stood beside it, simply adding more space to the vacant-looking dark bedside table. The table looks old as there are scratches on its ends,  the paint seems to fade away.

Before proceeding to go back downstairs, she slowly knocks on her daughter's room door, the sound of a soft knock echoes the upstairs hallway as she continuosly knocks on it.

Seconds later, she hears a faint ' come in ' voice from inside the room, signalling her that it's okay to come in. She used her wrinkly right hand to turn the doorknob, pushing the door forward and then warm rays of sunlight welcomes her.

Inside, she sees her daughter, Avielyn, laying on her side on top of her bed, her red hair spreading everywhere, letting it lose without a hair tie. Avielyn attendtively move her brown eyes, highly into the book she's  reading.

The woman smiles faintly at her daughter's state, usually teenagers these days would either play with their phones or go out but Avielyn is not the case. She knows her daughter is very different from most of them.

Also because she reads books and finishes them at a fast pace. Honestly, the amount of books she reads without doing any other activities such as painting or dancind is very disturbing sometimes.

" Avie, I'm getting tired with you reading books all the time. Shouldn't you go out sometimes? Like go hangout with your friends or shopping or something, " she questions Avielyn who gives out along sigh before looking at her in the eye. Said young girl raises one of her eyebrows, giving her mother a ' are you serious ? ' look.

" Well, you should be doing something else rather than reading all the time, " her mother lifts up both her hands, somehow emphasizing her enourmous amount of book collection , she should actually call her daughter's room ' the libary ' .

" Mom, shouldn't you be proud of me? I'm doing something that most kids my age don't, i'm getting knowledge mom, these facts that i gained could be beneficial for my future. Also, do you know that George R. R. Martin or Martim I don't know I forgot what said that , ' a reader lives a thousand lives befoe he dies ? ,"  Avielyn answers proudly with her pointy finger in front of her face, acting like a wannabe professor lecturing a student ( her mother) who is questioning the benefits of reading.

Her mother raises one of her eyebrows, trying to find a reason within herself from whom does Avielyn gets her reading passion from? She is certain that reading daily is not her forte and she never sees her ex-husband lying around with a book in hand.

" So you're telling me that you're gonna live..... like that? " She asked her daughter , the lifted eyebrow still holds its position on her face.

" Sorta.... " The girl replied , looking straight forward. Moments later Avielyn shooks her head before asking her mother , " So? Why are you here? In my room? "

" Well, I just thought I should visit you for the last time before you go live with your dad , " the woman replies after letting out a sigh.

" Mom, you know I'll be right back here next week, " Avielyn explains, closing her opened book before sitting up and gives her mother a frown.

" I know but one week alone... you know, its gets lonely sometimes , " her female parent announces her reply, coming closer to her daughter's bed and sits on it. Leisurely, she pokes softly at her nose ( a small gesture that she always uses ) .

" You're my only daughter, it's pretty sad for me to let you go and leave me. Even for a week! " She laughs her exclaimation softly, then she eyes Avielyn lovingly and hugs her.

Avielyn hugs her back with a small smile, a tender moment of love between her mother and herself.

" You know I will always come back, " she utters then breakes their hug as she lets out a wide grin.

" Not only that, most of my books are here at your place ! " Her mother narrows her eyes at Avielyn with a sarcastic smile then laughs at her daughter's comment.

" So, I better be going to work now, make sure- ," Avielyn's phone suddenly rings, the sound of an anime ( she forgets which one, her daughter is a fan of too much of them ) soundtrack fills the room, cutting of her sentence.

Avielyn quickly tries to search for her phone ( this always happens whenever she reads on her bed ) , after a moment of annoyance ( due to her countless failures of searching ) , she finds her phone underneath her bed, a usb charger beside it.

" Oh, it's dad, " She say as allows a huff out from her mouth and answers the call.

" Sup, dad? " Avielyn turns her head towards her mother, the said woman raises one of her eyebrows, probably wanting to know why he's calling.

" Congratulations, Chimp! Got news from my friend that you're accepted to go to Misty Boarding School and College ! " A happy male voice sounds trough Avielyn's right ear.

" Wait... " She glances at her mother, her face shines in bewilderment, then she swipes her bangs hair back, holding her hand in place on top of her head.

" What boarding? And College? " She finally lets go of her upper hair and lets her red hear falls around her , her eyes narrowing the more she thinks about the meaning behind her father's words.

" You're going to switch schools, Chimp! " And with those words, Avielyn lets out a very, very, very un-Avielynlike reply.

" What the hell, dad ?! "