Chapter 4

The next day came and Megan awoke at Tim's voice echoing through the dormitory.
"Wake up everyone, breakfast is almost ready!"
The little girl groaned and rubbed her eyes. Then she remembered Benji and jumped out of the bed. She was almost out of the dormitory but stopped dead in her tracks. Turning around she ran back to her bed, putting the pillow and the sheets in their right places. After she made the bed, Megan hurried to the lavatory and washed her face. Hastily she took on yesterday's clothes and hurried into the dining hall. There Megan grabbed a plate and walked up to Mrs. Brown, the cook, to get breakfast. Everyone was allowed one small soup ladle full of porridge. And as much water as you can drink.
Sitting down at one of the tables, the little girl quietly said good morning to the other kids. They weren't allowed to talk during meals so everything was really quiet. A whisper could be heard once in a while, but nobody wanted to be punished, so most children only opened their mouth to put the food inside.
Tim was nowhere to be seen, so was Mrs. Maleficent. From what Megan had heard yesterday, the pipe break was pretty bad and some of the basement rooms had been flooded. Tim was probably still working on cleaning the rooms. Nobody knew when Mrs. Maleficent would be back and she guessed that he wanted to be done before she came back.
"Megan", Tim's voice coming from behind her suddenly pulled her out of her thoughts. "I can't drive you today. But I ordered a cab and it should be here any minute. Get ready now."
The girl nodded and jumped up from her chair. She pushed her half eaten porridge over to Kyle, a kid she liked to talk to, and the boy nodded smiling, placing her plate on his empty one. He was always hungry and she liked to see people happy. Megan had to hurry now anyways.
She stormed back into the lavatory and brushed her teeth and her hair. Today she decided against a pony tail because there wasn't a hair tie to be seen. She took her shoes on and ran out the door, just as the honking sound of a car roared through the air.
Outside Megan flew down the stairs and opened the door of the yellow car.
"Good morning, mylady.", the cab driver said friendly as he saw her little form. "Are you traveling all by yourself?"
Megan nodded and slowly climbed into the back seat of the car, buckling herself up in the child seat. As far as she could remember, she had never been alone in a cab and she was feeling a bit nervous about it. During the drive, the man asked her some questions but as he noticed how tensed she was, he started to tell her funny stories out of his life and after a while Megan relaxed and even laughed when the driver told her a funny story about his dog.
"I love dogs.", Megan said and thought about her stuffed animal back in the dormitory.
"So do I.", the driver said with a smile and then pulled into a one way street that led to the airport.
"Where are we going?", Megan asked and suddenly got nervous again. She hadn't paid any attention to where they were going. But the airport surely wasn't on their way to the studio.
"No need to worry, mylady. But I have another client waiting for me to pick 'em up now.", the driver explained and pulled into a parking lot in front of the doors. Only cabs were allowed to park here. Megan wondered who the new passenger might be as a beautiful blonde woman left the automatic doors. She pulled a small trolley behind her and pushed up her sunglasses, looking at the cars. The driver honked for a second and then got out of the car, walking up to the woman and shaking her hand. He was smiling all over his face and Megan wondered why.
"Mrs. Diaz, I am so glad to finally meet you. I am a big fan of your movies. My wife also loves them and she would be totally amazed if you could sign something for me."
Megan took a closer look at the woman but still couldn't figure out who she was. But the little girl didn't really know any movies to begin with.
The cab driver blabbered on and on and finally got the woman to sign a blank piece of paper that he kept in his car. He got her luggage and placed it in the trunk of the car. Then he opened the door for her and the woman sat down next to Megan in the back seat.
"Hello, dear.", she said with a smile on her face and reached her hand out to Megan. The little girl smiled and took the hand that was offered.
"What's your name?", she asked and Megan answered her question.
"That's a beautiful name.", the woman said and paused for a second, caught up in her thoughts.
"I am Cameron. It's nice to meet you.", she then said and Megan blushed lightly.
"It's nice to meet you, too.", she said politely and then the cab drove off.