Black Smoke

The beeping sounds of machines echoed against the walls of the small ICU room where Jimin lay unconscious. The atmosphere of the room was dark and dreary; and at the end of his bed stood Bee. Her hands couldn't stop trembling over her quivering lips, and her tears never seemed to stop ever since she found him on her bedroom floor. This was all her fault. Jimin is in  here because of her.

When she heard someone enter the room, she quickly wipes away her tears and tries to compose herself. She watches as Daisy walks up to her with a cup of hot chocolate in hand.

"If you're not thinking of resting any sooner then I think you should better take this" she said as she held out the cup towards Bee. Whispy steam could be seen escaping from the cup and floated into thin air like a ghost. Daisy waited for a response, however, Bee just stood there and stares at the cup handed to her, hugging herself tighter. There was no means to comforting her at the moment and so when Bee didn't take the cup, Daisy set it down on the table closest to them and steps closer towards the bed, staring at the figure resting on it.

"Where have you been?" Daisy's voice was quiet, but Bee heard her just fine. Bee's eyes grew wide at her question. What was she talking about?

"What do you mean-"

"You've been missing, Bee! We've been looking all over for you. Do you even know how worried we were? And Jimin, he..." Daisy swallows hard, it was difficult for her to continue about what she knew.

"What happened to Jimin, Daisy?" Bee sat down beside her friend. She needed to know what happened to him.

"We found him on the bakery's kitchen floor, passed out and you weren't there! He was out cold for one whole day but when he woke up, he went into hysterics. He started screaming your name and told us... I-I don't know how to explain this-" Daisy covers her face with both her hands. Just the idea of telling Bee what had happened seemed ridiculous. Nothing made any sense.

"He told us he saw this monster and it brought you away with it" Daisy chuckles nervously; such ridiculous words came out from her mouth. "He came to our house tonight and I let him into your room but I didn't... I didn't know you would be there! I didn't know what happened with you in there with Jimin, but when I entered your room... Jimin was there lying on the floor and you- you had blood on your hands." Daisy whimpers as she starts to replay the images of what she saw in her head.

Bee stood by the window, staring out at the soft rain pattering against the window sill. It has  been three days now and she was still waiting for Jimin to wake up. The doctor told her that he was unstable, the wound had gotten too close too deep to damaging his vital organs. They didn't know when he would wake up or if he even would. It was a cold day and the air conditioning in that room wasn't much help either. She rubbed her palms together and blew hot air into them to keep them warm.

She stumbles back in a panic when she sees red blood stains all over hands. The warm liquid seeping between her fingers and just as she was about to scream, in the blink of an eye everything was gone. She kept on having flashbacks of what had happened, but she just never recall how.

She tried to calm herself down by taking deep breaths. Her hands now starting to tremble all over again. She just didn't want to believe she was losing her sanity. She just wasnt! Bee looked back towards the bed. Jimin was still laying there, his chest slowly moving up and down and her gaze immediately turns soft. Tears start to well in her eyes; realising that if it wasn't because of her they wouldn't be here and Jimin wouldn't be lying unconcious in this hospital bed.

According to Daisy, the police were going to ask her a few questions. The doctor had stated that the wound was caused by a blade but when the police searched for the weapon, they couldn't find anything that could match the description. Bee turns back towards the window and let out a loud sigh.