Chp. 8

“So, you only have one more day alone with Megan. How are you gonna make it good?”

I rolled my eyes, looking at Blair as we continued to sit in science class, feeling as if it was dragging on and on.

“I’m gonna kiss her.”

“Are you serious?!”

I laughed to myself, “Of course I’m not serious Blair, jeez. What did you expect me to say?”

“That you were going to admit you were in love with her and that you wanted her all to yourself. Then you two would have this sexy secret that only I would know about, and I would remind you about it ten years from now when you two were married.”

I gagged at her response, “You’re a fucking idiot Blair.”

“Stop acting like you don’t have any type of feelings for her. It’s impossible not to be attracted to her.”

I smirked, “It’s also impossible not to be attracted to me.”

Blair nodded, “Yea, I don’t know about part, but the sexual tension between you two is suffocating. I saw it the first day she came over, and the second, and the third-”

“Alright, enough,” I interrupted, wishing this class would end already because Blair was getting on my nerves.

“I can’t believe it’s Friday night and you’re grounded.”

I remembered instantly that I was, in fact, grounded, and I would be stuck home tonight. I felt my mood dampen a little as I came to the conclusion that I would be on total lock down.

Sneaking out just wasn’t worth it.

I looked at Blair, “Thanks for the reminder.”

“No problem.”

Then the bell rang, dismissing Blair and I as we gathered our things and headed out the door. I fell into stride next to her as we made our way to Megan’s class.

And once again, I found myself looking forward to it.

I figured it was the conversations we had, and the staring I got to do without being considered weird. Megan was something nice to look at, and I even found myself admiring her, which was another unusual thing she had me doing.

She had managed to flip my world upside down in the matter of weeks.

But I continued to try and distance myself, not only for my sake but for Shawn’s as well. It was weird, talking to Megan about him, because one minute she would say they’re ‘just friends’, then the next she would get this look in her eyes that said something more.

I rolled my eyes, thinking to myself, Women and their emotions.