Chp. 35

I checked my phone for the fifth time in thirty minutes, realizing Emma was most definitely ignoring me. Blair was most likely with Tony which I had no problem with, but frankly there was nothing for me to do.

I was bored out of my mind.

Megan was hustling around the apartment getting all of her things together and I wanted nothing to do with it. She had asked me multiple times but I refused, for some reason I didn't find anything joyful in helping her pack. The thought of knowing she was leaving made me sad and nervous in the same sense.

I had went from totally being against her moving in, to accepting her into my house, to despising her again, and now I was sad she was leaving.

I was really confusing myself.

Shawn had left around lunch leaving me and Megan alone, again, and so far nothing exciting had happened.

I wanted to bring up the kiss, I wanted to know what had exactly made her want to kiss me first. I was shocked and confused, and I was desperate to kiss her again.

I hadn't noticed I had been staring at Megan until she spoke, "Stop staring at me Sam."

I sighed, standing up from the counter and walking over to her, "Megan..."

"Don't, I don't really want to talk about yesterday."

I pressed, "Why?"

She looked up at me, shaking her head, "Because Sam, I keep forgetting to tell myself you're my student. You're not just Shawn's little sister. You know whatever we have going on between us is complicated..."

I just looked at her, "I'm not even sure what's going on between us."

She leaned back on the couch and sighed, "Me neither."

I looked at her, "Why'd you really kiss me the other day?"

She looked at me, "Because I wanted to, I told you."

I smirked, "Megan, I know there have been other times where you've wanted to and you didn't, so what changed?"

She sighed, shrugging, "I guess I was just lonely."

I shoved her, "That's not funny."

She ran her fingers through her lush, dark brown hair and responded. "Sam... I'm not sure why, honestly. I'm not sure why I do the things I do around you. You can confuse me, frustrate me, and make me want to kiss you in the matter of five minutes. So I can't really give you a straight answer."

I smiled like an idiot at her response, feeling a sense of satisfaction knowing I made her just as crazy as she made me. I answered, "Don't worry, I have that effect on everyone, not just you."

"Well that's flattering."

I shrugged, "Sorry, I just drive women crazy."

She crossed her arms, "Speaking of that, how's Emma?"

I felt my heart sink at the mention of my girlfriend-slash-fuck buddy, not really knowing where exactly Emma and I were heading. I had cheated multiple times and I felt like shit for it, but I was too much of a coward to even confront her about it. She knew something was up, she just didn't know how bad it really was, and I was too afraid to face the music.

I answered unsurely, "Um, well, I saw her yesterday before I came home..."

She nodded, "And?"