essay

Find at least 2 examples of cause/effect in a newspaper, book, etc. Evaluate their logic & document your findings in a 200-word essay.
The first example I found was in a book called "The Paper Bag Princess". The story's about a princess named Elizabeth who has her castle destroyed and her clothing burned by a dragon. The same dragon also kidnaps her fiance, Prince Ronald, and Elizabeth goes on a journey to save him, wearing nothing but a paper bag due to all of her clothes being burnt.
So, if Elizabeth's clothes were never burnt by the dragon, then she wouldn't've been forced to wear a paper bag. In fact, the book wouldn't've even been titled "The Paper Bag Princess", because then she wouldn't be known as a princess who wore a paper bag.
The second example I discovered was from the same book as the first. By the end of the story, Elizabeth saved Ronald from the dragon. However, Ronald refused to marry a girl who wore a filthy paper bag, and claimed that girls who did weren't real princesses. Elizabeth then realized that Ronald was a jerk, and they didn't get married after all.
Therefore, if Elizabeth never had to wear a paper bag, then she would've never realized that Ronald was a jerk, and would've married him in the end.