Chapter Thirty-Three

West-Allen wedding, here we go! Also, for those of you wanting to know what I'll be doing during my Unmatched Records hiatus . . . check the end of the chapter. ;)

Enjoy, guys!

***

When Barry heard what Oliver had to say, his face split in a grin, and he ran off in a flash of yellow lightning. A few seconds later, he returned and deposited John Diggle between the two couples.

The man groaned, trying to steady himself, and Barry and Iris watched him carefully. Dig took a deep breath, then straightened and smiled. "It's a good thing I didn't vomit, right?"

"Yeah," both nodded.

Dig quickly turned around and retched, and Kara grimaced, squeezing her eyes shut as Oliver averted his gaze. "Dig?" she asked carefully as Oliver turned back, a concerned look on his face. "Are you OK?"

Dig took a few deep breaths, then pointed at Barry accusingly. "A little warning next time?"

"Sorry," Barry apologized sheepishly.

Dig exhaled, then looked between them all. "What's up?"

"You got ordained to marry your brother and Carly, right?" Oliver asked.

"Yeah," he said slowly.

"We were hoping that you could give us the same treatment," Iris smiled tentatively.

"Wow," Dig blinked. "Really? I'm honored!"

"Yeah?" Barry smiled.

"I am," Dig nodded, grinning.

"All right," Barry looked at Iris. "Well . . . let's do it!"

"OK, that's great," Dig nodded, rubbing his hands together, then he looked at Oliver and Kara. "I guess that makes you the best man and you the maid of honor."

Kara squealed in delight, Iris giggling with her. "Honored is correct," Oliver nodded, exchanging grins with Barry.

"All right, let's get into position," Dig gestured. "You're there, you're there . . . "

"Oh, I see," Barry nodded, standing to Dig's left as Iris shifted to be on Dig's right, Kara hurrying over to stand on Iris's other side.

"Did you guys write vows, or you just want the boilerplate?" Dig asked.

"Oh!" Iris perked up, looking through her coat pocket. "Yes, I, um . . . wrote mine."

"Um, I tried to write mine," Barry admitted, making Oliver smirk as he remembered that particular conversation before all hell broke loose. "But then I realized that I didn't need to. Um . . . " He took a deep breath, then looked at Iris. "My entire life has been marked by two things. The first one is change. From when I was a kid to when I was an adult, things were always changing. But no matter how different things became or what new challenges I had to face, I always had the other thing that my life was marked by, and that's you." Iris smiled, and Barry smiled back. "You've always been there. As a friend, as a partner, as the love of my life. You're my home, Iris, and that's one thing that will never change."

Kara mouthed "aww" silently, making Oliver smile. "That was really nice," was all Iris seemed to be able to say, and blushing, she looked down at the vow she had written. "Um . . . when I was nine years old, I wanted to be a ballerina. Remember?" Barry chuckled and nodded, and Iris turned to Oliver and Kara. "Even though I was not a very good dancer. And the day of the recital, I froze. I couldn't move, and I wanted to die. And then I looked in the audience, and I saw you. And you got up and you climbed on the stage, and you did that whole routine with me. And we killed it." Barry laughed, and so did Oliver and Kara. "I mean, we brought the house down," Iris insisted, smiling widely. "And from that moment, I knew that . . . with you by my side, anything was possible." She took a deep breath, then went on. "The Flash may be the city's hero, but you, Barry Allen . . . you're my hero. And I am . . . " She took another deep breath, tears in her eyes and choking her voice. "Happy, excited, and honored to be your wife."

Barry grinned widely at her, and Dig smiled. "Wonderful," he smiled. "Well, since we don't have any rings just yet, I'll skip to the part where I say this. Bartholomew Henry Allen and Iris Ann West . . . I now pronounce you husband and wife. Please, kiss your bride."

Kara whooped as Barry grinned, pulling Iris to him and kissing her, and as Dig held out his arms, presenting the new couple, Oliver and Kara clapped in support.

***

"Guess that's another passenger back to Star City," Oliver chuckled as the group of five headed back to where Oliver's motorcycle was.

"Or I could always fly you back," Kara suggested.

"That's probably better than squeezing both of us on this, man," Dig snorted.

"Fair point," Oliver agreed. "All right, guess I'm flying via my girlfriend."

"Don't pretend you don't enjoy it," Dig grinned.

"Oh, my – " Oliver rolled his eyes in exasperation as Barry and Iris burst out laughing. "Is it just pick on Kara and Oliver day?"

"Nah," Barry grinned. "It's just all of us telling the truth."

"Next thing, Dig's gonna be convincing us to elope," Kara grumbled, though she was blushing.

Dig nearly tripped. "Whoa, what's this about the two of you eloping?"

"We're not!" they shouted at the same time, making Barry and Iris laugh even harder.

"What did I miss?" Dig looked at Barry and Iris in confusion.

"Oh, not much," Barry grinned. "The important detail you need to know is their evil Nazi Earth-X doppelgängers were married."

Dig nearly got whiplash, he turned to look at Oliver and Kara so quickly. "What?"

"For the last time," Oliver groaned. "We are not eloping! Why does everyone keep thinking we're gonna elope?"

Iris was doubled over in hysterics by then. "Well, whether you elope or not," Barry grinned, "we want an invitation to the wedding."

"Oh, God," Kara pinched the bridge of her nose, her cheeks flaming red. "Can we stop this now?"

"Please," Oliver agreed.

"Fine," Barry sighed playfully. "But that's what you guys get for holding out on telling me."

"Fine," Oliver agreed. "Congratulations, you two."

"Thanks for letting us stand for you," Kara added.

"Hey, thank you for being here," Iris smiled, hugging her as Barry hugged Oliver. "Don't be strangers."

"Same to you guys," Oliver smiled.

"No way," Barry nodded. "And thanks for marrying us, Dig."

"My pleasure," Dig smiled.

"Well," Kara took her glasses off, putting them in her coat pocket. "Up, up, and away?"

Barry and Iris waved as Oliver put his arm around her shoulders, hers around his waist, and she shot up into the sky, taking Oliver with her. "They are so getting married soon," Barry grinned.

"Well," Dig said slowly, a smile forming.

"What?" Iris's eyes shot to him.

Dig only grinned.

***

Oh, Dig . . . what do you know?

So, like I said, I'll be taking a break from this series after the midseason finales and wait until the back end of the Arrow and Supergirl seasons finish. I do not want to write something and have to quickly adapt a week later.

However, now that this book only has the next chapter and the epilogue to go, I have a tentative start date for the first of three standalone Kariver books! If I keep updating like this, "The Daxam Four" should begin sometime in March!

And with that, the next chapter will be the last before the epilogue!