Eleanor, the second face

The cold light over the mirror blinked again and again as Eleanor stared at her reflection with a form of disgust and hatred in her deep red eyes. "You can't always do this..." She mumbled as she breathed deep and heavy. "You can't always hide from your problems..." She added then as she grit her teeth. Her skin was pale like she'd never seen sunlight before, ears sharply pointy and her hair had the deepest black one person could even have. But besides all that, her face, her statue, scent was all the same as from Shadow. Of course it was, after all, they shared the same body. Eleanor was Shadow's cold second face, the personality she created in her most terrifying years and memories. To cope with everything. Or as Eleanor tended to say, to hide from it. Shadow had become schizophrenic to the point of total difference, even in the looks. She kept Eleanor away, captured deep inside herself. But whenever she fainted, be it from exhaustion or a fight, Eleanor tended to come out fully automatically. All by herself. Other times, Eleanor forced herself out, in moments when in her eyes Shadow acted weak or let herself in to a too dangerous moment. And then, there was the third possibility. "I could've let you suffer. You need to learn it, damn it!!!" Eleanor growled as she slid her left hand to her cheek, healing a deep laceration before she routinely checked her body for other injuries. Other times, Shadow forced Eleanor out. When she felt overwhelmed and once more helpless.
It was always one of the three possibilities, but after all, Eleanor was always there.
Never too far away and more of the vampire and beast the world thought Shadow was.
She was the second face.