4.

Coool,  so here is the next chapter.  And its long about 2.9k words sooo have fun reading it.  Some parts are boring of this part!  But not thatttttt bad! 😂
Alsooo I am not happy with the response I am getting,  soo I would really appreciate some in-line comments,  I love them but don't get them😅
Nandinis POV-

I'm not looking forward to today at all.

Thankfully, Dhruv had told Manik I couldn't go so I didn't have to. But, he's sure to find me at the carnival.

And possibly running into Manik isn't even the worst part. I have to kiss hundreds of guys today - even if it is a mere kiss on the cheek or on the lips, it was still unnerving. Who let me sign up for this?

Kill me now, please. Get me out of my misery.

I pulled the black, crop top over my head and the high-waisted skirt. As for my hair, I 'Ariana Grande styled' it out. I pulled part of my hair back into a small ponytail and the remaining of my hair was in light, pretty curls.

 I pulled part of my hair back into a small ponytail and the remaining of my hair was in light, pretty curls

"Damn, girl!" Mukti exclaimed. "And, yes, Nandu, that was a compliment."

I rolled my eyes and finished applying makeup. "Are you coming?" I asked.

"Later. I have to make up a test."

"Okay." I slid on my black flats and grabbed my phone and purse. "See ya, Mukti."

Since Manik has this magical power to show up whenever and wherever, I looked around outside before I walked out to make sure the coast was clear. I began walking to the carnival, which was being held at the lawn near the local library, and felt a tap on my shoulder. I silently prayed that it wasn't Manik.

I turned and found Dhruv and somebody else. He looked slightly familiar, but again I couldn't put my finger on the name. I must live under a rock or something.

"Hey, Nandini." Dhruv greeted with a smile.

"Hey. Who's your friend?"

"Cabir." Oh, Cabir. As in, Manik's best friend. He gave me a slight wave.

"You're the one that Manik invited with us?"

"Yeah."

"Why can't you come?" He asked, while looking me up and down, taking in my attire.

"Um, well, I have to work at the carnival. I didn't remember until my roommate reminded me." I explained.

"Oh." He nodded, slowly.

"Manik's on his way over now, Cabir." Dhruv said. "Need a ride?" He asked while turning to me.

"No, I'm good. Thanks, though!" I waved and walked away, probably suspiciously fast.

I don't particularly want to get caught by Manik just yet. Sure, it's bound to happen at some point in time today, but not so early.

I reached the vast 10 acres of land next to the library, which was now all colorful and decorated for the carnival.