Chapter Five

Victoria decided that she would go to the coffee shop one more time that night. Just to see. And if the boy wasn't there, she would give up. She had to get on with her life somehow, right?
The night was brisk and cold, so Victoria walked fast. She had worn a maroon sweater and come khaki skinny jeans, as it was an outfit she felt comfortable in. The only problem was that it did not provide much warmth. Good thing she still had her navy blue jacket to keep her warm.
Once she arrived at the coffee shop, she ordered and sat down. She looked around, hoping and praying that he would be there. But unfortunately, he wasn't. She sat there for thirty minutes, waiting. Nothing. Then an hour. Still nothing.
After one hour of waiting, Victoria realized that it was simply stupid what she was doing. That man did not feel the same way. And she had just wasted hours upon hours of her life, waiting around for a guy who didn't even take notice of her. She felt a rush of sudden despair.
Victoria stood up, trying to contain herself. She did not want to make a scene in front of all of those people. She put on her jacket, and reached for her phone, but her arm never made it there. As she was reaching, someone grabbed her arm.
Victoria whirled around, startled. It was the guy! The guy she had spent so much time waiting for. It was him! She felt a rush of sudden joy and excitement, mixed with some confusion. It was him! Finally! She did not know what to feel, so she just stood there like an idiot. She didn't know how he could possibly do it, but the man appeared to be so calm.
"I am sorry to bother you." He said slowly. "But I noticed that you here yesterday, and it just felt like I needed to talk to you." He said with a gentle smile. He walked to the other side of the table and sat down across from Victoria. She couldn't move. Her chest felt tight and she kept willing her legs to sit down but they wouldn't. Eventually they gave in.
"My name is Ben..." the man said, gesturing to Victoria to say something also. She felt like there was no way that it was real life. She thought that she had to be dreaming. At first she couldn't speak. She was so shocked that it was finally happening. Suddenly, all at once, she was able to speak again. His face mesmerized her.
She didn't stand a chance, and she knew it. She was totally okay with being stolen off of her feet by this knight in shining armor.
"I'm Victoria." She said, never breaking his gaze. His gorgeous eyes were captivating, and his soothing voice was enchanting. She felt so safe. She felt as though she was home. She had never felt that before in her life. It was a strange but beautiful sensation that Victoria knew that she would now crave forever.
It was at that point that the pair knew that there was no going back. It was too late. They were now one person. It was a kind of love that people rarely find, and the kind of love that people have a longing for. It was the kind of love that people search their whole lives for. It was a "I can't live without you" love. It was the kind of love that tears you apart from the inside out, consuming you like a fire. It was true love. Endless love. It was beautiful. They both knew from the first look. And it was too late. They had found each other.