Prologue

sunne - Sun
Miltsung - Mercy
Ongratian - Please
Mín - My
Rodor - Heaven(s)
Eorþe - Earth

Prologue

3,000 years ago when they first arrived on Xyla, all of their scouts were injured, some with Laser wounds, others with burns. They didn't know where they were in the Galaxy but the glowing purple grass had attracted them from orbit.
When they landed, it was a sight to behold. The grass looked ablaze, purple fumes seemed to come from each particle. The atmosphere surrounding the planet had a pink hue to it, almost reflecting the perfect shade from the grass, it was serene; Calming. From where they hovered, the planet looked still; Peaceful. Wispy clouds moved around the ship as they slowly descended onto the ground below them.
Xenia was the first one out, pregnant and bleeding she jumped from the aircraft and sank to her knees. She hugged the ground, black tears coming from her emotion filled eyes.

"Miltsung, Miltsung," She screamed over and over. Begging; Pleading to be heard. She was dying, we all knew.

"ongratian mín rodor! Miltsung Mil-," her scream had died instanly; turned to a whimpering as the grass seemed to grow and cocoon her body. A leathery bubble that hugged her swollen and damaged body.

What seemed like forever was only a few beats of their three hearts and then she was let free. Folding into herself as she hit the ground.
Her whimpering cut off as her eyes slowly opened. Inch by inch, her once black eyes were now an astonishing gold.
She had been healed; They all had.
That night they had a celebration, they gathered all kinds of food they had never seen before; fruits, vegetables, foods they didn't know existed.
The scouts that found Xyla, they had named the planet after Xenia, were praised and congratulated. Everyone was astonished at the beauty of this planet that they had set foot on. They had never seen anything like her, pink skies were a myth on their first planet.
They weren't allowed to speak the name of their first home, afraid the war from before would rage down on them once again. As spirits rose, every Xylian, as they decided to call themselves, danced the night away. Declaring their love for the holy grail that saved their species and the lives of generations to come.
Imagine their surprise three thousand years later when they realize that the grass that was once purple and alive; was now bland and grey, shriveled in onto itself. Dying and taking the rest of the planet with it.

Jupiter

I jumped off; My eyes scanning the ground for anything I could land on. I heard their footsteps climbing the apartment buildings stairs. They sounded heavy and sluggish.
The lights were blurry, my vision had gone out of focus. The wind beat against my face, causing stray tears to streak down my cheeks. Harsh winds were the least of my problems tonight. A truck sat parked near the corner of the building I stood on, looking it over, it was filled with boxes that didn't look to hard. Hopefully.
I was layered in all black; Head to toe. The black boots I wore to protect my feet from the uneven ground were fraying at the edges and the leather was chipping off inch by agonizing inch. Along with the ripped boots, my gloves and pants were in a similar state. The driver shouldn't see me if I manage to land softly.
The driver wasnt the only one I was trying to hide from, I had my hood up, trying to cover my face so that the Xylians couldn't tell it was me. It really wasn't of much use, their technology was otherworldly; I laughed at my pun.
If Saturn were here, she'd laugh. A pang stabbed my chest as small cold tears began to form in my eyes,

I was at Rob's Diner, the only well-known restaurant in town. Rob was a chubby old man, he had come to the small town of Arlena to get away from his crazy family. Before my parents' accident I wouldn't have related to him, but when we visited now I felt sad. He was a nice guy, who everyone seemed to love, but he had no one. He loved his diner more than anything else.
I was with my sister Saturn, I was 18 and she was 10, yet she fit in with my friends perfectly. We sat drinking shakes while my two friends made conversation with my sister. We weren't that close of friends, but I just needed someone to take my mind off things so, if shopping and going out to eat was what did it for Saturn, then I guess it would have to do.
It was like a movie, we sat drinking our milkshakes one moment, all the girls laughing at each other, and then gunshots, or the closest thing you could call them, went off in the next. There were 3 dead teenagers, all of them I recognized from school. Their now lifeless bodies lay in pools of blood as the 2 large men who killed them held their weapons; screaming at us all. The girls sat crying in the corner while two guys my age were staring like it was impossible for this to be happening. It all seemed to happen so fast, too fast, my mind was racing as I watched the scene unfold in front of me.

Now that I think about it, it was kind of strange that I was the only one that really reacted. Rationally, I mean. Of course, there were the people crying and trying to stay still and calm; not trying to attract attention. I didn't cry, or scream in terror, I just watched, taking it all in.
The intruders were so human, despite how tall and sickly the were, though I knew humans didn't have black eyes. That's how I knew it was all wrong.
They were tall, 6 or 7 feet, towering over my 5'3 frame. Their skin was a sickly pale color, like a piece of food that had molded, they seemed to be decomposing. The skin was dropping off from their arms, around their mouths, it was sickening. I almost wanted to puke. Like I said, almost.

Rob, the owner of the shop, had gathered some nerve and started screaming at them in another language. He kept pointing at the sign- no firearms allowed.

It was kind of ironic, like I said, he loved this diner. But then, All of a sudden, he became silent, a small gurgle coming from his throat. They had shot him in the chest, a sickening thud the only sound left to hear from him.
My sister started screaming, tears running down her slender face. Immediately their guns, or whatever you'd call them, turned towards us. Their eyes held mine, watching me, waiting until I did something so they could shoot.
I knew what was coming when I realized Saturn wouldn't stop crying. I did the only thing I could think of; Grab her and run.
I used to work at Rob's Diner until I quit so I could be there for my sister when our parents died. So I knew where the emergency exit was and that nobody really used it. We hurriedly ran out the back door, dodging flying bullets as my previous friend's screams were silenced. I choked back a sob with Saturn in my arms, and we ran for our lives.
I shook my head, clearing the painful memories of my first encounter with the Xylian's, as I landed in the back of the stocking truck. Filled with boxes of fruits and vegetables, it sounded like as I landed on my ass with a thud.
I slowly moved to a crouch and looked back once more at the top of the building I was on just a few seconds earlier. Suddenly, there was a bright flash of light as the two Xylains that were once chasing me were pushed off the building, blue blood and flaking flesh splattering as they met the concrete sidewalk.
I gasped, I noticed A man stood atop the building, waving to me, his piercing gold and silver eyes glowing.

Another Xylian?

Daxton

The day we invaded Eorþe was like any other day. Her sky was bright blue. There used to be a rumor that blue skies would bring riches and luck to anyone who ventured into her atmosphere. It seemed like a plus at the time.
The sunne shone bright as there wasn't a wispy cloud in sight that could block it. The grass was an astonishing green, definitely better than the grey toned grass on Xyla. It was weird, Eorþe was beautiful, but the air was toxic; for us, probably not, but the humans, yes.
Pollution was everywhere, it felt like we were suffocating as we landed, almost as bad as Xyla's grass had become. I knew that we couldn't give up now, we were already here and we didn't have enough fuel to go back and search for a more sustainable planet. It's not a risk we could take.
Xyla used to be spectacular; Crystal rocks and healing purple grass covered the ground. The sky was a light pink. It was perfect until it wasn't.
Our grass stopped glowing, starting to grow a dark grey and shrivel up until it was hard to step on and would crumble in our gloves as we examined it. Then they got sick; It was almost inevitable
At first, it was nothing serious. Their eyes got a little red under and above. They were inflamed, no big deal. They started coughing next, blood spewing from every orifice that wasn't covered.
Even after all the precautions we took, It was still spreading.
The began to get pale, compared to our normal honey caramel we adopted over the years of living in Xyla.
When they started dying off like flies, we had to step up and take action. There was no other way, we sent several ships of scouts through Nyila, the Galaxy we've called home for hundreds of years, yet only one ship of scouts came back with news. Although we lost multiple warriors and workers, the reward was great and they hadn't died in vain. There was a planet named Eorþe a few light-years away. We didn't even have to consider any other planet that was closer, it was a perfect place to stay. Within no time the sick were loaded up in ships and our resources were gathered. We began our trip to our new home, the future of the Xylians.

We thought every single Xylian was sick. Yet, we were wrong. I was wrong. I didn't succumb to the symptoms the others were facing. My flesh stayed golden, filled with warmth from my 3 hearts, my blue blood flowing through my body, I showed no weakness; no sign of illness.

That's when I knew, I am immune.