Chapter 2

Jupiter

He knew I was here. It was pretty freaking obvious. We had made eye contact and he waved.

Balls. Balls. Balls. That's all I could think.

I should've taken someone with me. Amara, Darren hell, one of them would be better than nothing. I wasn't good on my own. They shouldn't have let me pass. Chills crept over my body; they weren't from the cold.

I knew what he was capable of.

Shut up. It's time to focus Jupiter.

I have protection but, with the way my hands were shaking, well, I didn't think I'd get too far if I had to shoot.

He had waved.

Just like that night almost 2 years ago. I shivered as the chills got worse and the cold began to settle in.

I sat down the binoculars, grabbing my pistol and turning off safety. I slowly stood, making sure I had eyes on him.

I didn't. He was gone.

"Come on, come on, where'd you go," I whispered to myself.

"I'm right here, Red," a cold voice spoke from behind me. I spun, almost giving myself whiplash, and saw nothing. He was screwing with me. Playing tricks on the scared girl.

"This isn't funny. Come out." I growled out, getting angry at his teasing.

"Now. now, now, is that any way to talk to someone you want answers from?" I heard again, from the direction I was originally facing.

I wasn't turning around. I knew he was toying with me, again.

"Yes. Because frankly, I don't need your answers, I could find out all by myself." I growled, trying to portray the anger I was feeling into my voice.

A hand snaked around my waist, pulling me backward, my gun toppling out of my hand. He had moved us to the very back of the roof, secured between to exits. His hand that held my waist was squeezing, to keep me secure and in place. It's not like I could go anywhere, I scoffed, he's a literal alien. He has the strength that doesn't even compare to mine.

I let out a scream, hoping to get a civilians attention so this would all be resolved. this was clearly a bad idea. My scream was muffled by the hand he wasn't using to hold me.

"Shut up, or they'll hear us and we'll both get shot," he growled into my ear, which was surprisingly close to his face.

I relaxed in his arms, watching the ground, seeing four Xylian patrol groups scouring the roads and alleys looking for us.

"Why are they looking for you?" I whispered, once his hand was removed, being sure I wouldn't scream and alert them to our presence.

"Now now, If I told you that wouldn't be much fun, would it Princess?" He smirked turning me around and letting go of my waist.

"I don't wanna have fun, I wanna get answers." I grabbed my gun from the ground, in a quick movement, I pointed it at his chest, with a smirk on my lips.

"Tell me what I wanna know."

"I don't know what you want to-" I cut him off, moving my gun from his chest to his head. His beautiful silver and gold eyes looked into the barrel, not caring that I was a few seconds away from blowing his brains out.

"Why. Are. You. Running?"

He put his hands up, shrugging, making me flinch and move the gun a little upwards.

"Look, okay. You noticed how they look; Pale, sunken eyes, tearing skin. Now, look at me." He motioned to himself.

Which I did. I looked him up and down. The first thing I noticed was his honey skin, it was dark gold in the night sky and the roof lights, but in the day it would most likely be a glowing caramel like they all had probably looked like.