Chapter 6: Jason

I was sitting next to Percy when something appeared above our heads. It formed the outline of a scroll with white mist, almost like a fog and glowing illuminating letters.

Letters on the scroll were written in cursive and brightened up the dimly lit bus. I squinted and recited the words under my breath.

"Water and storm shall merge to one, together they'll save what cannot be undone, only alone can they solve this myth, but together they'll find their forbidden bliss".

At the final word the scroll blew into fog and dissipated.

A cold rush of wind blew onto my skin and goosebumps crawled up my arms. My heart raced and I felt like the world around me was spinning. Everyone stared at me with wide eyes including Percy who almost looked like a fading image of a figure rather than a human. I took a breath and suddenly everything turned to black.
***
I felt shitty. That doesn't really explain fully how I felt but it comes close. I felt like every limb in my body was useless and numb and I could barely open my eyelids. And when I did everything was a blurry mess of colors.

"Jason?" I heard a voice call out. His voice was deep and soothing and rushed over me like a a warm blanket. After I heard his voice my vision cleared and my numbness disappeared.

I willed myself up and looked forward to see miles and miles of ocean. I was on a beach.

"Jason where the hell are we?" I turned to the voice to see two bright green eyes. It was Percy. I gulped.

"I-I don't know" I stammered, my heart hammering in my head. Percy eyes scanned the perimeter to see trees behind us. "It kind of looks like we're on an island". "B-But why, most importantly how?".

I looked at Percy and watched as he pressed his lips into a thin line and squinted eyes and furrowed his eyebrows. He looked as if he was deep in thought. For only a moment I thought he looked kind of cute, but I immediately shook that thought out of my head.

"Well first things first. We need to find a shelter and somewhere to stay the night, then we have to find a way out of here" I said and Percy nodded in agreement.

Right as I finished my words something dropped next to my foot. It was a folded up piece of blue fabric. "What's that?" Percy asked, raising an eyebrow. I shrugged and picked up the mysterious fabric. The second I touched it it started to glow brightly in my hands. I dropped it quickly and backed away, I watched mesmerized as the blue fabric began to unfold into something bigger.

"It's a tent" I said. "Well I guess that solves one of our problems at least" Percy said, looking up at the sky as if to say fuck you.

The sky was beginning to take on an orange hue. "Maybe we should get some rest and figure out all this in the morning" I said, feeling my eyelids getting heavy. "Hopefully this thing came with some sleeping bags".

It did come with sleeping bags....well, one sleeping bag that is. "I g-guess we're gonna have to share" Percy stammered, his cheeks turning red.

The sleeping bag was just about big enough for both of us but our bodies would still have to touch. For some reason I felt nervous as I got into the sleeping bag with Percy. Stupidly nervous.

"Let's just go to bed" Percy grumbled, curling up in a ball as his ears turned pink. I turned my back to Percy and fell asleep to Percy's back pressed against mine.
***
Percy was shaking. I got up in the middle of the night to hear him whimpering. His eyes were still closed but I could see his eyes moving under them. His body was shaking more and more and his sounds of anguish got louder as the seconds passed. He was having a nightmare.

I felt a twinge of worry strike my heart and I knew I had to to do something. I touched his arm and his shaking ceased just a bit.

"Percy" I whispered but he just whimpered in response. I sighed and put my arms around his shaking body. Slowly he begun to stop shaking and his noises stopped. I held him until I could only hear him breathing.

"It's okay Percy" I whispered in his ear. Once I spoke he dug into me a little bit more and I felt my body get hotter.

"Warm" he whispered softly as he slept. I felt my cheeks turn bright red as the sea green eyed boy fell asleep in the comfort of my arms. I let myself fall asleep too, to the sounds of his soft breathing.
To be continued....