C h a p t e r - T h r e e

A l l   R i g h t s   R e s e r v e d.

                                      T h a t   N e r d   I s   M i n e

                               Copyright © 2014 by Alice Joseph                  

                                C h a p t e r   T h r e e   -  C o f f e e

“Hey I’m Alex” I almost jumped as I looked at the guy taking a seat next to me. He looked good with shaggy brown hair and cute green eyes. His dimples just made me stare at his smile.

I pushed my glasses up my nose. “Uh h-hi” I never had a hot guy walk up to me and talk to me openly. Not unless he wanted to know an answer to a question.

“You’re new here.” He stated. He looked really cute. 

I nodded “Um yeah.”

Why isn’t the teacher here yet? I looked around the class for a diversion from Alex. He looked nice but something about him wasn’t right. Everyone was in the class except the teacher. 

“Brooke Daniels.”

How’d he- I stopped short when I saw him looking at my name on my book. He looked up and smiled. “Nice name. Suits you.” 

I smiled back. I ignored the nagging at the back of my mind. He was being nice. I couldn’t ignore him like this. Maybe he’s just being friendly. “Thanks.”

Before he could say something, a bag slammed on our desk making us jump. Colton stood there giving a death glare to Alex. “Get up. This is my seat.” He said rudely. I frowned. Why is he acting like that? 

Alex just smiled at him and ignored his statement. “Hey Colton, how you doing?” I could feel the tension in the air. From the looks they were giving each other meant they obviously didn’t like each other.

I stood up. “It’s ok Colton, you can have my seat. I’ll find another one” I said trying to ease the tension. I didn’t want them to fight especially in front of me. Violence is not my thing. 

Colton looked at me and his gaze softened. “No, stay where you are.” He looked back at Alex. “Move.” His one word was enough to show how threatening he was at the moment.

Alex sighed and stood up. “I’m gonna move but not because you told me to. I’m moving because I don’t want to start a fight with you, not in front of Brooke anyways.” He picked up his bag and books and walked at the back of the class. 

I sighed of relief. Colton shifted in the seat beside me. I looked away and focused on my book. I didn’t like the way he treated Alex. I might not know Alex properly but Colton had no right to bully him out of the seat. I could feel Colton’s gaze on me yet I chose to ignore it.

“You’re mad.” He stated after a few minutes. 

I looked up from my book. “Huh?” How’d he know? I wasn’t showing anger on my face. Was I?

He sighed. “You’re mad.” He stated out again. 

I shook my head immediately. “No I’m not.”

He chuckled. “Yup you are.” 

I frowned and focused back on my book. “No I’m not.” I murmured. He’s mean to Alex one minute and then suddenly so friendly to me the next. I don’t understand him at all.