one year ago, a couple was made.

park jimin asked out jeon jungkook and he said yes.

jimin always had a crush on jungkook ever since 8th grade when he first transferred to their school halfway through the year.

jimin never really talked to jungkook until 10th grade where he had way more classes with him and never really had to do anything at home.

they got together after 10th grade ended. they're now spending their summer in a rented apartment. their parents allowed this but only for the summer.

jimin was waiting for jungkook to come home since he had a job at a local coffee shop. he worked the late shifts so jimin had the apartment to himself for a while.

"ah, that kid is late again.. he's been doing this a lot lately.." jimin says as he starts to dial jungkook's number but jungkook come through the door.

"jungkookie!" jimin yells as he ran to hug his boyfriend.

"ah, um, hey jiminie.." jungkook whispers.

"what's wrong? did you have a bad day at work again?"

"yeah.. im just tired right now so if you could make me some food for me to eat later that would be great. right now i just want to rest for a while.."

"you don't seem tired.. are you sure you had a bad day and you're not lying to me?"

"i would never lie to you jiminie."

jungkook walks away before jimin could respond.

"there's something up with him that i can't entirely read.." jimin looks at the bedroom door sad.

that entire night, jimin was up cooking a meal for jungkook. he let the food sit for a while but jungkook never came back. jimin assumes he was sleeping so he went to check and he was. jungkook was mumbling another persons name in his sleep but jimin didn't think anything of it other than a bad dream. jimin didn't sleep with jungkook that night thinking that he needed some time to sleep by himself for a bit so jimin slept on the uncomfortable couch all night.

once jimin awoke from his slumber, he checked the room and saw that jungkook was gone. he probably left for work at this time. what jimin didn't realize is that it was a wednesday and jungkook didn't work on wednesdays. what jimin also didn't know was that jungkook was hanging out with someone else named taehyung. jungkook and taehyung went out to the park and got ice cream. they went to the mall and bought many things such as clothing and new pairs of earrings. overall, their day was the best day they've ever had in their lives, at least that's what they thought before.

jungkook would always come home with taehyung's cologne on him. jimin was starting to suspect something. whenever jungkook would leave, he would always smell the cologne jungkook has laying on his dresser and then the cologne on his shirts the day before. he didn't think of it as weird since he was trying to catch some signs of his boyfriend cheating on him. he already found the first sign. this kept on happening until jungkook decided some days he wouldn't come home at all and some days he would return and just ignore jimin all day. this was another sign. since jungkook left his phone at home one day after he headed off to work, jimin looked through is phone. messages between and taehyung were seen. there were messages like 'i love you', 'thanks for today' , etc. there was even a message from jungkook that said "jimin doesn't have a clue. he won't suspect anything.", that's when jimin broke down.

the entire day jimin was in tears while his boyfriend was out having fun with another guy. something that jimin never told jungkook before was that he was depressed. he's been depressed ever since people online and at school have been harassing him in every way possible. and it was all because he even started looking at jungkook. everyone adored jungkook for his looks while jimin was the 'easy target' and the 'living piece of garbage' of the school. jimin never tore himself away from jungkook though, it was more like he was tearing himself away from the world. jimin has cut everywhere. arms, legs, you name it but jungkook never noticed it.

jungkook returned from his 'job' and jimin walked up to him looking him straight in the eye.

- end of chapter one -