▹ [06] New Friends = Invitations.

Wednesday.

With my head held high, I walked into Old Trafford with my father by my side. Today is a big day. United play Spurs at home and our second place position is at stake so losing is not an option.

"Princess, I have to talk to Bobby about something. I'll see you in a bit." Dad said referring to Sir Bobby Charlton. I nodded and then watched my dad walk away.

Just then a bus pulled up outside, but it wasn't just any bus... it was the United bus. My heart started beating really fast at the thought of seeing Jesse for the first time since dinner on Monday when he dropped the biggest bombshell on me.

Even though I'm extremely happy that he moved on while I was gone, I was also a little jealous. The thought of Jesse with another girl has never crossed my mind before, but now it's like I can't even stop thinking about it. I know we've been apart for long now but what I also know is that when two people are destined to be together, they will always find their way back to each other. And I believe that Jesse and I are destined to be together.

Suddenly I could feel my body shaking and immediately snapped out of my daze. The first thing I saw was a concerned Marcus, who had both of his hands placed on either side of my shoulders.

"Soph, are you okay?" Asked Rash.

At first I nodded but then realized that if I don't give him a proper answer then he will spend the rest of the afternoon worrying about me and that cannot happen. "I'm good, peaches." I smiled.

Rash returned the smile and removed his hands from my shoulders when he was convinced that I was okay. "Where were you lost, Miss Dreamer?" He smirked.

"Hollywood." I chuckled. "I'm home sick." I pouted and Rashy immediately started laughing.

"Oh you poor baby." Jesse said sarcastically.

My eyes widened at the sound of his voice. He had taken me by surprise. I furrowed my eyebrows at him and looked at him with a straight face, causing him to laugh.

"Intruder." I rolled my eyes at him.

Jesse held his hands up in defense and smiled. "Hey I'm just passing by." He chuckled and walked towards the locker room.

I let out a sigh of relief when Jesse disappeared in the corridor. Rash was quick to notice that and look at me confused. "Why you giving me that look?" I asked.

"I thought you were over him." Rash said.

Rash is Jesse's best friend. I know that if I tell Rash the truth then he will tell Jess and that's the last thing I need. Rash knows me well so if I lie to him then he will know I'm lying. I have to somehow convince him that I am over Jess.

"I am." I said and the expression on Marcus' face didn't change. "But I've been away for 7 years so it still gets a little awkward when I'm around him." I added and to my luck, Rashy believed everything I said.

"It will get better." Rash smiled. "I got to go now."

"Good luck."

"Thank you."

⚽️⚽️⚽️

United Vs Spurs Aftermath.