#1

"So what do you think about the show?", her friend Matt asked.

Matt was a singer in a local band from Birmingham and that night they had a show in London. He was Karin's ticket inside, as he was one of her best friends.

She met Matt three years ago when she moved to London to live with her cousin, Anna. Anna knew Karin loved reggae music, so one day she asked Matt if he had two extra-tickets for their show. He was more than happy to offer, especially since Anna was the girlfriend of their music producer Eric Northman, a Canadian man who wanted to try his luck in UK.

"The vibe was great, I had so much fun!", Karin told him.

They were drinking some beers along with the other members of the band, chatting and laughing, enjoying their time together. She hasn't seen Matt lately, as he was in tour with the band, so a little catch-up was always good.

"So where are you guys going from London?", she asked them.

"Glasgow", Matt answered sipping from his beer.

He wanted to say something more, but then Karin saw his eyes glowing up as a big smile spread across his face. He stood up from his seat and hugged someone.

"Mate, glad you'd come!", Matt said happily shaking hands with a brown haired boy just about Karin's height; which means not tall at all.

"Of course I did, brought Thomas also!", the young man said as he gestured towards the bar.

As the girl's eyes shifted to her left, she could notice who the man Matt was talking to was: Jack Montgomery, the young man who played the male role in the band's most recent music video. Of course she knew who he was and her heart skipped a beat when she realized Thomas was there too.

Karin gulped as the two boys took their seats at the table, her hands already sweaty.

"Karin, this is Jack", Matt introduced him and they nodded to one another. "Ah, and this is Thomas!"

She took a deep breath before looking at the tall figure besides her. Thomas was taller than she thought and even more beautiful than on screen. His leather jacket and black skinny jeans were on point and she couldn't find even a single detail that wouldn't fit with his attitude. His hair was messy and as soon as he put the two pints of beer on the table, he ran his hand through the golden strands.

"Hello!", he said smiling and actually waiting for her to shake hands.

"Hi", Karin said in a tiny voice, her throat already dry. She blamed the noise inside the club and gave him a shy smile before shaking his hand. His skin was cold, probably from carrying the pints, but the hand shake was firm; he was confident in what he was doing and he wanted to let the others know that.

As they were staring at each other, Karin realized the only empty seat was beside her and he was in a subtle way trying to tell her he wanted to sit down. Grabbing her pint and moving one seat to her right, she mentally slapped herself for being so clumsy.

Thomas smiled when she finally understood the message and took his sit next to her.

As the boys started to talk, Karin became silent. Not because she was bored, that night suddenly became the most interesting night of her life; but because she wanted to take in the whole moment: sitting next to Thomas Sangster in a random night and he having no idea how her inner fangirling butterflies were bouncing inside her stomach. She carefully listened to his deep voice when he was telling Matt about the Maze Runner trilogy and how happy he was that the franchise became such a success. His perfume filled her nostrils when he took off his leather jacket, remaining only in his black t-shirt. He ran his fingers through his hair again to make it less messy and it was like his every move was going in slow motion in front of the girl's eyes.

Thomas was used with people staring at him, but those people were usually his fans, screaming and crying and asking him for an autograph. Not that he would complain, he loved his fans; each and every one of them. They were the reason his job had a meaning. And in that moment he couldn't tell if Karin was looking at him or if she was zooming out in her own world.