A - REPORT

A/N: This is a bit shorter than a normal chapter, but I wanted to show a little about what's happening behind the scenes.

Corey adjusts in his chair, facing his laptops. He swipes a hand down his face, trying to get the blood flowing. He's been sitting here for hours, seeming to not make any headway. Victor managed to get software installed on the Head Coach's computer that allows Corey to remotely access the entire network.

Spring Training is over, and the regular season is about to start in about a week. Their first game is an away game, but none of the guys seem worried about it. They've done really well in their Spring Training games. All they really needed to do was work out a few kinks with some of the other players. Since a lot of the Toma Team and Blackbourne Team have worked together numerous times, it wasn't much for a normal camaraderie to fall into place, especially since each team has been together for more than ten years, respectfully.

The door opens behind him, and he turns to see Kevin coming in, arms laden with food and drinks for the two of them. While the rest of the two teams have places on the baseball team, Corey and Kevin are running utility. Corey, the computer genius, is doing all he can to infiltrate the team's email and internet infrastructure. He's navigating through their emails from other franchises, to be able to remotely access those, as well. It's a complicated system and one that has been taking a really long time to do. Kevin is the back-up for the rest of the two teams.

"Anything?" Kevin asks, as he sets the food bags and drinks down at the edge of Corey's workstation.

"Nothing yet. This is going to take a lot of time to suss out." Corey replies, one hand diving into the take-out bag and snatching a few fries. after popping them into his mouth, he licks the salt off his fingertips before wiping them on his jeans. Kevin just hands him a napkin, as he unpacks the rest of the food. He put a large order of fries and a burger that looks like the wrapper is barely holding it together because of all the grease. Corey just unwraps it and takes a huge bite, uncaring of the juice dripping down his chin, eyes scanning the multiple computer screens. He uses the back of his hands to catch the errant drippings, and Kevin just rolls his eyes and takes a seat next to him, and starts on his own food.

A little while later, food demolished, still nothing has happened. Corey stretches and get up.

"I'm going to go take a nap." He tells Kevin. "Don't worry about trying to monitor anything, I have alerts set up. If I can't check it, Victor can." Kevin nods his head and pulls out his phone to send a quick check-in text to Mindy. "How's it going with you two, anyway? Did she finally decide to stop harassing you about where you re all the time?"

"Yeah. We had a good long talk about it. I told her that my job isn't something I can talk about, and sometimes I'm gone for awhile." He sighs. "I hate lying to her, but with some of the things we do, it's better that she doesn't know the details, you know? You're lucky. Raven and Kayli are both in the Academy, so it's easier for you." Kevin gives Corey a look he can't decipher. Corey walks over to Kevin and puts a hand to his shoulder.

"You'll figure it out. Either, she will accept that there's some things you can't tell her, or it's her loss, man. I'm sorry you're having to deal with that in the middle of all this." He puts his hands out and twists his body, showing all the computers; pictures and dossiers of all the suspects that line the walls. "If it's any consolation, we'll be able to take a long break after this one since it's going to last so long." He claps him on the shoulder, then heads to his bedroom to nap.

Kevin sighs and looks at his phone. the text message he received back has hope sparking in his heart. After a few more text exchanges, his phone pings with a text from Marc, and his heart drops.

Marc: I think there's something going on with Coach Sorenson. I've tried to contact Corey, but he isn't answering. Can you have him do a more substantial background check? Dig deeper than her college career. Something is off with her lately. TIA

Kevin rises from the couch and knocks on Corey's door. Only a few seconds go by before the door opens to a sleepy Corey. Kevin just holds his phone out for Corey to read. Corey sighs and leaves his room.

"I already did a background check. I don't know what else there is to find. She was in foster care the last couple of years of high school, then fast tracked to college, where she had a 4.0 GPA. But, if they want me to dig deeper, I'll dig deeper."

Corey delves into the dark and begins a more extensive search on the elusive Sang Sorenson.