Babies and Husbands

*April's pov*

[Two weeks later Tuesday December 19th Ethan and Jay are fine I'm at work my phone rings I answer:]

"Hello?"

"April."

"Jay what is it?"

"I wanted you to hear it from me before anyone else told you. Ethan got shot he's on his way to Landstuhl, Germany and he's going to need surgery."

"Are you okay?"

"I jumped in front of him caught a bullet to the shoulder too and I'm also going to need surgery. Erin already knows but there's one good thing about us getting shot."

"What is good about getting shot Jay?!"

"We're coming home day after tomorrow. I get to meet my daughter."

"Are you being serious?"

"Yea. We're coming home."

"Will you tell Ethan that I love him?"

"Absolutely. April thank you for looking out for my family. Erin said she wouldn't have gotten through the deployment and the birth without you so thank you."

"She would've been there for me."[I go to Nancy's Emily and Asher are there I walk in and say:]"Hey guys."

"Hi. What's wrong? You look like you've been crying."

"Ethan got shot. He's in Germany right now."

"Why are you smiling?"

"My husband is coming home."

"Asher and I are engaged. We're getting married next Saturday at the courthouse."

"What? You can't get married at the courthouse. It's not like you're pregnant."

"Mom! When Brad and Sophie died happiness was the first thing to go through the window but Ethan never stopped trying to be there for me even if I did blame him and yea we weren't all that close but he was still there for me. Asher makes me happy and I love him so can you please just be happy for me and come?"

"You think I'm not happy for you? Sweetheart I held you in my arms for two hours while you cried over Brad and then I stayed up all night with you for three days when you were in the hospital because you had become so stricken with grief that you passed out in the living room. I held your hand and your father held mine while Ethan held your other when they removed the remains of your daughters body. You were in such pain and shock but I was right there. Her ashes are sitting on the mantle. I'm overjoyed that you found someone to be happy with. I love you Marie."

"I love you too Mom."

"April have you had your baby shower yet?"

"I don't need a baby shower. I'm okay."

"What? You have to have one. I will take care of everything you just invite your friends over here."

"Nancy this really isn't necessary. I'm okay I don't want you to go through the trouble."

"Child please it's no trouble at all. I want to give you this."

"I don't want to have it without Ethan I've done everything without him up to this point. He's coming home and I would like to have a baby shower with him."

"Okay. How's Saturday sound?"

"You're not gonna give up unless I say yes are you?"

"I'm glad you're learning."

"I want to have it at my house though. Ethan hasn't seen the renovations I made."

"I have to admit that you are handling this deployment a lot better than I thought you would."