13.

My hand was stroking her wrist, trying to find a pulse. Tears were pouring out of my eyes because I couldn't feel anything.

My heart was racing while I tried finding any beat at all. I finally felt a small heartbeat.

I turned my head as Dan slowly stands up, gaining his balance.

"look what you did!" I screamed at him, my voice cracking while tears were streaming down my face. His jaw dropped as he saw Caroline's body. He ran towards one of the side doors of the school, and I lost sight of him. My focus turned to the one thing I cared about most, Caroline.

As I tried shaking her awake, administrators came running out, and they called a code blue which means medical emergency.

I held onto Caroline, tightly so no one could take her from me.

"Sir, you need to step away from her right now!" The assistant principle demanded.

"No! She needs me!" I bark back at her. I'm not leaving Caroline. Right as I said those words, I felt hands pulling me away. "Please, she's my best friend" i say as my eyes begin to fill with tears once again.

They all stared at me, not letting me out of their sight. I sat there, clinging onto Caroline's body, and I prayed for her to be okay.

The ambulance showed up, and paramedics came rushing out.

"Sir, back away now." I slowly let go of her, feeling as if I betrayed her, and I stood up. I watched them throw her onto the gurney.

"No pulse!"

What?! She just had a pulse.. I look at the administrators in pure shock, and I fell to my knees.

"She has to be alive. She's not dead..." I say, while trying to calm myself down.

"Mr. Grayson Dolan, I need to meet with you in my office." Mr. Princeton, the principal, states.

I stand up and begin to follow him. They couldn't blame me. They must have security footage.

We reached the nice, spacious office, and he began the interrogation.

"Why were you outside of the building?"

"I saw Caroline and her ex walk in that direction, so I followed. He was hurting her, I thought I saved her..." I trail off, knowing he had no idea what I was talking about.

"Who is he?" He questioned.

"Dan... Dan lance" I say. They better have footage of this. He went over to his phone and dialed a number.

"Hello Mrs Jackson! I'm going to need mr. Dan Lance in my office." He states.

I needed to get to Caroline to see if she's okay.

"Grayson, Dan never reported to class. Are you sure you saw the right person?"

"Yes it was him! I beat him up for God's sake. Do you not have any security footage?!" I raise my voice, getting angry.

"We're working on getting the footage. We will have it by Thursday." He says, trying to calm me down.

"It's Monday! And you can't get a hold of the footage until Thursday?! Are you serious?" I'm yelling now.

"Mr. Dolan, I'm going to need you to calm down! Everything will be alright." He tries to reassure me.

I stand up and head for the door.

"Mr. Dolan! Get back here!"

I slammed the door shut, and I head towards Caroline's car. She never locks it, and she hides the keys in the glove department. I grab her keys, start the car, and I head towards the hospital.