3. But Found Our Future

My dear little broccolis💚💚💚

~ Finally, this story is done. Congratulations to the few of you who actually guessed right the end of this story. I am so glad that you did, especially given the hints I made throughout last chapters. Without further ado, I will let you enjoy that last chapter, from Jace's point-of-view.

~ And ... did you see how all three titles make another title on their own

Love, Mina 💚💚💚

.

Chapter 3: But Found Our Future, (2,5K)

.~°~. .~°~. .~°~.

Jace's PoV.

.

Uptown Girl — Billy Joel

Diamonds — Rihanna

Dernière Danse — Kyo

Russian Roulette — Rihanna

.

Silently, I gaze at Clary sleeping in her clinic room, her hand hanging in the crib so she can still have a physical bond with her baby by touching her in their sleep. She is deep into sleep, looking so happy and peaceful. And this was all I could have asked for. Because her happiness, is my mine. No matter what kind of decisions I made in my life, no matter what I said, Clary is, and always will be, the love of my life. From the moment I fell in love with her, and until the day I die, she will remain the love of my life.

I still remembered the first time I laid eyes on her, almost ten years ago. It was in a little café where I was meeting one of my clients who wanted me to discuss business. There was nothing unusual about any of this. I would often meet people in this café, and I even had my fetich table.

It was from that table that I saw her for the very first time. She was sitting on her own, at a table near the window, mindlessly sipping on her coffee while reading some papers with her brows slightly furrowed. As my eyes looked at her over and over, I knew that I would get in her pants. I never had a thing for redheads, but they never left me indifferent, either. And there was something calling to me about this particular redhead. Maybe it had to do with her airs of innocence, or maybe it was because I could already imagine the crazy things I could do to her. Or maybe it was love at first sight, and I was already falling in love with her.

So, after staring at her for a while, and making sure that she felt my gaze on her; I left the café, 'forgetting' my wallet. And of course, she ran after me, like I knew she would. After all, it had always been in my nature to know how people would react to what I would do or say. It was even easier to manipulate decent and honest people.

But this was where she surprised me. She called me on my bluff, seeing right through me; and making me think twice about only getting in her pants. The way she talked to me, and refused to take my shit... was something challenging and interesting enough for me to break my own rules and allow myself to ask her for a date, instead of my usual 'proposing her a random hookup'.

And that's how it all happened. Starting a relationship with Clary Something that I never did before, because relationships called for troubles. Not only on the personal aspect of the thing, but also - and mostly - because of my professional life. Caring for someone could make me appear weak to my enemies, and many enemies I had.