Chapter 19

Chapter 19

( Jessica Laying Dead in the Street )

Jessica's POV:

Telling Dominic how I died, didn't aide our relationship, but more, led me back to the belief that he shouldn't be with me. I'm not dumb, simple or stupid, I know the man is in love with me. The problem is that the last time I loved someone, it didn't exactly work out, and I'm not the kind of woman to make the same mistake twice. Leaving Dominic, with tears streaming down his eyes on the front porch stairs left me heartbroken.

As I arrived back in the city, I text Benji to tell the kids that I would be back tomorrow night. I needed a night to myself, especially if I'm going to be wallowing in my heartbreak. Wallowing involves alcohol, alcohol, and more alcohol. Stepping into 'ninteyEIGHT' I head directly to the bar and see Sean bartending.

"Jess, what can I get you?" Sean politely asks me, as I sit on a lone bar stool ignoring the crowd.

"Grey Goose on the rocks with a twist, leave the bottle." replying as I slap 3 $100 dollar bills on the bar

"Right away." He answers curtly and quickly, noticing my mood.

In no time, I've finished half the bottle of vodka, leaving me with a barley-there tipsy feeling. Sipping the clear burn-filled liquid from the bottle, I light a cigarette and start thinking back to the story I told Dominic. Letting the blue smoke escape my mouth slowly I'm transported back to the night of my 19 birthday, and how I died...

::21 years ago::

::November 5, 1998::

I want to blame Kate, but honestly, this wasn't her fault or mine for that matter. Kate, my best friend from kindergarten had talked me into going to a party tonight. She had made this big argument about it being my birthday and how next year, we would be at separate colleges and probably not able to celebrate together. Reluctantly, I got dressed up at Kate's house, while lying to my parents that I was sleeping over.

At around 1 a.m., Kate was plastered and her boyfriend volunteered to take her home, to his house as her parents would kill her if they saw her. So, I decided to walk them out, then take my own car back home and tell my parents that Kate didn't feel well. Knowing I was driving anyway, I didn't drink. Looking back, I wish I was blacked out right now.

Heres the truth, I'm dying...

Its the simple truth. I was cold, laying against the pavement on one of my small town roads in southern Jersey

Tonight, walking to my car, I was raped. Not just raped, I was beaten, bloodied and left to die. I'm laying in the gutter, out of view and forgotten about.

I didn't see the guy sneak up on me. Ironic that this was my worse nightmare, having someone attack me at night. Repeatedly, I looked behind me while walking to make sure no one was there. Doing this didn't help, I was attacked anyway. Thrown into the street by a pair of big hands, leaving me with a twisted or broken ankle.

I could see him stalk towards me, as I tried to move away. I felt like a victim in a bad slasher flick, frantically trying to dodge blows. His foot hit my stomach with immense force and speed. The air rushed out of my lungs, I knew something was horribly wrong when I tried to breathe again and it felt like I was breathing through a straw. Short ragged breathes was all I could get into my lungs.

Flipping my body over, I was laying on my back facing up at him. The street lights were on his side, as I was blinded and couldn't make out his face. Thrashing my arms at the man, I tried to injure him, or scare him off, anything to escape my fate.

With what seemed to be such ease, I heard my wrist crack under his grip and searing pain radiated through my right arm. Hiking the dress up, I felt him rip my underwear off of me altogether. In one swift movement, I felt him tear me open and thrust deep inside. My mind was hazy from the pain covering my body. Remembering my keys in my other hand, I thought I had found my saving grace.

Through the panic and adrenaline, I angled the keys in between my fingers and tried to slash the face of the man on top of me. Getting a hiss from him, one of his arms pushed mine so far the other way, I couldn't feel it anymore. My hope plummeting, I realized this didn't scare him or anger him, but my fight thrilled him. I could feel his speed increase inside of me.

It was like sandpaper scraping my insides, every movement tearing my flesh apart even more. Until, the movements didn't hurt. This scared me as I feared I was going numb at the pain, afraid I was passing out. It wasn't numbness, it was blood. I was bleeding. For a split second I was ok with that as long as it took away some pain, but then I remembered what I learned in health class. Bleeding out, is the highest known killer of victims during emergencies. With a broken wrist, broken ankle, numb left arm and barley sufficient air supply, I realized I couldn't escape, get help, or even alert anyone that I was dying.

Closing my eyes, I could feel his rhythmic thrusting get erratic and before long, he came. My breathing became slower and slower, as I could feel myself blacking out. I was fading in and out of consciousness, one second the man was cumming in me, the next second he was gone. Thrashing my head in either directions, I didn't see him. Leaving me how I am now. Bleeding out, extraordinarily injured and numb. Looking up at the stars, I realized I was done. My fight was over, before it could even begin.

My back was damp and wet, confused for a second I remembered I was bleeding, I guess heavily. Thinking through my life, it hurt to think how short is was going to be, how I was never going to graduate high school, college or get my first job. Never have kids, a home, a life, never have someone who loved me. All I could think about was this, how everyone I knew was going to graduate in June, and how all I was going to be was a moment of silence at the ceremony.

I was a moment in time, then gone the next. I was very upset at how tragically insignificant life was. I was sad, angry but more and more, I was becoming numb.

I wasn't cold anymore.

I was warm, that's a bad sign.

I was broken.

I was stolen.

I was numb

I was sleepy.

I'm dying...

I'm dead.

::Present Day::

"Jessica!" I hear my name called throughout the bar, pulling me out of my memories. Instantly I recognized the voice, groaning, I turned around to face a very angry Dominic storming toward me.

Please Vote or Comment, I absolutely adore hearing from you guys and getting your feedback or theories on where you think the story will go...

Love you sista's!! :))