Chapter Six: Not So Nerdy

Barbie gasps as I lunge at her. She steps back an inch, but not far. I yank her back by her hair and punch her in the nose. She screams out in pain. I laugh and slap her just as she did minutes before. All of a sudden, she yanks my hair. I yelp out in pain. I let out a growl of frustration and lunge back at her. I'm yanked back by a set of muscular arms. 

"Let me go! Let me at her. AARGH!!" I yell out. I spin around and me a gorgeous pair of blue eyes. I gasp under my breath and try to calm myself. You're loosing you damn mind. I think. I roll my eyes at myself and come back to reality. Barbie lays on the floor with a bloody nose, two black eyes, a busted lip, and I am pretty sure that's hair on the floor. I roll my eyes as she yells for her minions. 

"VANESSA!!! TIFFANY" She screams. "Yes, Brittany?" They say to Barbie. I turn to Aaron. "Holy shit, Aaron! Her name isn't Barbie!! Mind blown." I say. I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn to see Barb-Brittany glaring, well trying too, but she's failing miserably. I roll my eyes. "Don't think I won't tell the principal on you!" She screeches. I roll my eyes. "Damn, I think she already knows. Also, do us a favor, lower an octave." I say. As she opens her mouth, the principal walks in. "Sky King, Brittany Smith. My office. Now." She says. I roll my eyes. I glance over my shoulder as I walk over to the century old woman. 

"Ay, Jakey! Take notes, dammit!" I yell. I let out a laugh and continue walking. I feel a presence behind me. Rain and Ryan. All for one, one for all. I know, cheesy. I think the principal hears our feet, 'cause she turns to glare at my siblings. I snap my fingers. 

"Ay, they're coming. Always, mate." I say. She rolls her eyes along with Brittany. I scoff. Bitches. We enter the office and take our seats, Rain and Ryan standing. 

"Now, Brittany. You have a week's detention. Out." The principal says. "Bu-" "NOW." The principal commands. She nods and walks out of the room. "Sky, Two week's detention." She says. My mouth falls open. "I-" I start, but faithful brother Ryan buts in. 

"Do you know who our father is?" He asks. The principal scoffs. "I don't keep track of that." She retorts. "Well, Ms., our father's name is Jason King, Probably your employer, ring a bell?" Rain buts in. Her mouth slightly opens. "Ah, let's not forget that he's in town." I add. The principal nods. "Detention?" I ask. She shakes her head 'no' and we walk out. 

"Hell yeah!" I exclaim. Rain laughs. I turn around to see Jake with his mouth hanging wide open. "Shut your trap, Jakey. You'll catch flies." I say. He shuts his mouth and stares. "Our father is a great role model." Ryan adds. I laugh and Jake shrugs. We walk off to our next class. Oh, yeah. We have all the same classes. Yay. I roll my eyes at myself. I sigh and walk in the classroom.

*HOME* 

"Hola, mum!" I shout as we walk through the door. Ava throws herself at me and I pick her up. "Hi, Ava." I say as I tap her nose lightly. She giggles and I set her down. "I am starving." I complain as I walk into the kitchen. I yank the fridge open and bull out some yogurt. What? They're not all Ava's.

 I grab a spoon and wander upstairs. As I enter my bedroom, I pull out my phone and headphones and plug them in. I go to YouTube and put on "Get Low" By Lil Jon and The East Side Boyz. ;)

I nod my head to the beat and open Wattpad. I pull up the latest books in the romance genre. I scroll through a bit and find something suitable. I know, I know. Me, Sky King, reading romance novels. Every girl has a girly side. 

I dive into the book and before I know it, I'm looking at the end of an epilogue. I sigh and unplug my phone. I stare at my clock that blinks 7:29. Dinner should be ready. Slowly, I get up and trudge down the stairs. 

"Is dinner ready yet, Ma?" I ask. "Another 5 minutes, Sky." She says. I sigh and walk into the living room and sit on the couch. Surprisingly, none of my family members are even in here. I giggle and turn on a new show I found, Riverdale. I sit on the couch secretly shipping Veronica and Archie. I'm on episode one! All of a sudden, it pauses. 

"DAMMIT, RYAN! IT WAS JUST GETTING GOOD!!" I yell. Ryan shrugs. I sigh and walk up to the kitchen. "Yummy, yummy. Foodies in mah tummy!" I giggle. I glance over to the freshly baked cookies Ma baked, no idea when. I reach over mom's shoulder, just for my poor hand to get slapped. "Ay, Ma! What was that for?" I yelp. "No cookies before dinner, Sky." She scolds. I sigh and take my place at the dinner table. Ryan scoots up to my left and Ava's highchair to the right. I get up and search for Ava.

"Ava?" I yell. All of a sudden, I hear a glass shatter followed by cries. I shoot towards the only room upstairs with glass: Mom's. I race into my mother's bedroom and see my daughter sitting on the ground next to a jewelry box. Her hand bloodied and glass poking out of it.

"Ava!" I cry. She glances up with her watery, golden eyes. "Mama!" She cries back. I race over dodging glass and pick her up. I carefully inspect her hand which is covered  in glass. "Ava, baby. What did I say about Grandma's jewelry?" I ask walking downstairs to get the first aid kit. "No." Ava replies wagging her finger. I sigh and take her to the bathroom. There I thoroughly inspect her wound, which clearly needed medical attention. I pick Ava up off the counter and slip on my shoes. 

"MA!! Ava cut herself, so I am going to take her to the doctor." I say as I walk down the stairs. My mother nods as I grab the keys to the Range Rover. I wave and walk out the door. Carefully, I buckle her in her car seat and we leave. 

The doctor's office.

Yay.
____________________________________________________________________________  

Hi guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry I haven't been updating as frequently. I amm trying. Word count is 1125.

~Gracie