The Hogwarts Express

-Rainbow Dash POV-

I put my luggage in the luggage car, said goodbye for now to Ludwing, then got onto the train as the clock struck 11. Now what do I do?

After a while I started looking for a place to sit but every sleeve I found was full. Eventually, I found one with only one other person. She was blond and had an orangish skin tone. She was also wearing her robes, had a tan country style hat and brown boots with 3 apples embroidered on it.

I knocked on the door before opening it. “Do you mind if I sit with you? All the others are full.”

“Go on Sugarcube.” She said in a country ascent. “I was starting to think I'd need to be alone the whole ride.”

“Thanks.” I sat across from her so I was facing the front of the train. “I'm Rainbow Dash. What's your name?”

“Applejack. My friends call me AJ. At least they would if I had any friends.”

“That's sad. You didn't have any friends growing up?”

“Unless you count family as friends I never really meet anyone else at Sweet Apple Acres. But what about you?”

“Well, I'm muggle born so when my magic gets out of control it scared the neighbors so my immediate family was all I had as well.”

“My dad was a muggle and I never met mom's side of the family so I can relate. But I can't imagine not even knowing about magic. Granted the only people who knew were Granny Smith, Big Mac, Applebloom, and me but still.”

“Consider yourself lucky. We didn't even know it was magic till Ludwing came with my acceptance letter.”

“Ludwing?”

“Oh. The owl that brought my Hogwarts letter was originally rented so I bought him.”

“Oh. Well that was mighty kind of you.”

“Thanks.”

We talked for another while when we got a knock on the door again. When we looked I was surprised to see Fluttershy standing there looking down at her feet. “Umm, s-sorry to b-bother you but, um, can I, well…”

“Sit with us?” I asked and she timidly nodded. “No problem. Come on in!”

“Thank you.” she walked in and sat on the seat closest to the door on the side I was on.

After a moment, the silence got a bit uncomfortable. “So… what happens when we get to Hogwarts?” I asked curiously. But mainly to break the silence.

“Ah honestly don't know.” Applejack said. “Mum never told Granny Smith before she and the rest of the pears disappeared and Big Mac wanted me to be surprised. All I was told was some kind of Sorting.”

I turned to Fluttershy, “Hey Fluttershy, you have wizarding parents right?” she nodded, “Mind explaining for us?”

“Woah woah woah. Y’all know each other?” AJ asked the two of us.

“Her family is the ones who helped me get my school supplies at diagonally. She had a whole wizard family with her so I'd think she'd know. Do you?”

She nodded again, “We get sorted into one of 4 houses. Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and,” she shuterd, “Slytherin.”

“How do we get sorted?” AJ read my mind and asked.

“We wear something called a Sorting Hat and it looks into our thoughts and what we value to determine what house will be best for us. Gryffindors are mostly people who are chivalrous and daring at heart. They value bravery and love to succeed. Ravenclaws are those who are smart and/or love to learn. They're usually the ones you'll find in a library according to Zedfer. Hufflepuffs are the kinder ones who are just and loyal. But if you are hard core loyal, powerhugry, vain, or cunning, then you'll be in Slytherin. I've heard that every follower of Voldemort was in Slytherin and even though he's dead, some are still loyal to him.”