Introduction

I'm planning to write an original book that consists of short stories set in a modern fantasy world. A Modern fantasy world— that means that magic and dragons and vampires are things, but so are smartphones and video games and Twitter. It's often described as urban fantasy or contemporary fantasy.

This story was going to be the first story in that series, but I quickly got carried away and felt it would be best on its own, as part of a broader world. If this does well, and people are interested in reading about other aspects of this world, I'll definitely bring that book to life! And when I do, I'll think of a tag (or a reading list title) to connect all of these stories together, in the event that other ideas take a similar route.

It's also worth noting that this is one of my first original multi-chapter stories (that I've shared here, anyway, and it would have been the first if spirit-sensitive hadn't just barely beaten it out). It's also my first time using first person!

I'm sorry about the blurry quality of the cover— all that I can use is Canva, and it saves pictures like that on my iPad. In the future I may consult a shop or make something on my laptop... Once I figure out how to do that, that is!

With these things in mind, I hope you enjoy my little world!