Chapter 20

As soon as he emerged from the hall, Minako and Keiko straightened their backs and saluted to him. The other soldiers immediately followed their lead with confidence.
He can see that they went directly to the meeting room without being tended by their medical staffs and without eating even a small amount of food.
Exhaustion and hunger were very clearly written on their face.
"News about Satoshi-san?" Gareki asked as he went directly in front of the Airship Three fighters while gesturing for them to sit down.
"So far, everything is going smoothly. The Kafka spies were surprsingly not putting up a fight and just keeping quiet." Minako replied with slight confusion on her eyes.
"That's odd." Keiko muttered beside her.
Gareki pretended he didn't hear it and just nodded in acceptance. As much as it hurt him to talk about his friends who should be fighting beside him but just betrayed him ,he can't dwell on it much because of the current situation.
"I haven't receive any order from the Higher ups and the Captains so for now ,we'll have to focus on our fighters. All must be treated by our medical staffs and make sure to check for any bite. Remember how infectious Varuga's bites are. I'll try to contact Airship One and Two for assistance."
Minako raised her hand to ask a question ,which was immediately responded by the Commander.
"How about the survivors?"
"I'll ask the principal to coordinate with us. As I've said ,fighters were the most priority here first. We don't know when will they attack again so we have to be ready all the time. I already contacted the security system for the barrier fixation so we don't have to worry about it anymore. I'll take a look around at this village to see if there are more survivors." Gareki informed as the soldiers nodded in agreement.
"No , We'll do the rounds. You've already helped us in this fight ,you don't have to do our duties." Keiko interrupted with a grateful look directed to him.
Gareki thought for a moment before shrugging his shoulders. "If you say so. Any questions?"
When no one answered ,he looked at the wall clock and sighed.
"We'll be distributing foods later so make sure you're all here before dinner. Meeting dismissed." He nodded slightly when the soldiers bowed their head in respect as he waited for the two lieutenants to talk to him. He saw the two waiting for the room to clear out while glancing at him hurriedly so he figured that they must want to talk to him.
"Sir." Minako saluted.
"Yes? You need to talk about something?"
Minako glanced at Keiko before nodding.
"We just want to thank you for aiding us here. We wouldn't have done it without you.I admit, we're the weakest Airship in Circus, even with big numbers." She said bitterly.
"You don't have to thank me. I'm just doing my job." Gareki answered firmly before adding, "Your weakness should be your motivation to improve. Think of your friends who died in battle. That will make you stronger. A person who is strong inside can make up of their weakness outside." After that, he left with the two looking speechless as he went straight to the infirmary.

But before can step inside, his world spun around, making him stumble on the wall. He waited for it to stop before taking a deep breath to calm his nerves. The adrenaline from earlier seemed to suck his energy out resulting in further exhaustion.Gareki thought that he was really pushing his limit and Akari won't like it one a bit.

He was slightly startled when the principal suddenly popped out of nowhere.
"Gareki-san, can I talk to you for a moment?" The old man asked respectfully.
The raven's lips thinned for a millisecond,which gave the man in front of him, the idea that he just imagined it, before nodding.
Gareki will not lie to himself anymore. All he wanted to do was lay down on his bed and sleep for a week without any disturbance. But with the responsibilities on his shoulders, he can't and he refused to even sit for a minute. He was not going to write a bad performance on his report for his first ever mission.
He quietly followed the principal to the cafeteria's direction.The soldiers outside saluted to him as soon as they saw him.
"Everything alright here?"
"Yes, Sir! The students have been behaving quietly eversince you left." The one on the left reported.
Gareki nodded in satisfaction before turning to the principal with raised eyebrows.
"I just want to discuss this with you and the students. I've been informed that you will talk to me about the survivors?"
"Yes, I was just about to talk to you after checking the infirmary but since we're all here,let's finish this." He motioned for the older to sit on the chair near him as he cleared his throat to gain the students' attention. "As you've been informed, the battle between the varugas and us is finally over." he paused when they cheered happily, before they were silenced by one of their professors.
"But there's still a chance that they will come back. That's why we have to be prepared in any way possible. Airship Three will gather all the village survivors on the school ground. You students, will give them foods and help them build their own tent. The soldiers will rest until they are fully healed while you'll be doing all the work." Gareki paused, waiting for his words to sink in and for them to protest. When none came, he continued. "The girls will help with cooking foods. Teachers are also required to help. This is a no exception work. And the boys will help with their tent. All staffs must coordinate with the students. I'm expecting the Student Council to help and monitor everything.Report to me if someone causes a problem. Questions?"
Ranji raised her hand. "What about the protective barrier? Shouldn't we doubled them?"
"I already called the Security team and I'm currently trying to connect with the Captains." Gareki answered confidently.
"Ga~re~ki~chan~" Someone suddenly sang behind him before he was engulfed in a backhug.
"Speaking of the devil." Gareki rolled his eyes as the students plus the principals stood to bow deeply.
"Welcome to Kuronomei,Captain Tsukitachi, Captain Hirato!" The Principal exclaimed in astonishment. Gareki was surprised to hear that both captains found their way here ,on Kuronomei. But alas, he's still relieved that they were finally here. Though, he'll die first before he can admit it.
"Gareki~chan is sooo cute when he's talking seriously." Tsukitachi grinned playfully before wincing when Gareki elbowed him on the gut.
"Say that one more time." He threatened with a glare as the captain just smiled and said nothing.
"W-What are you doing here,Sirs?" The principal stuttered while his eyes were flying back and fort to the two captains,making Gareki roll his eyes in exasperation.
"We're here to assist you in this battle but we're still following our Resident Commander's order."  Hirato mused while smiling teasingly at his brother ,even if the younger can't see it.
"Understood Sir. We will do our best."
"We're only here to assist and monitor since our own battles are over." Tsukitachi said.
"We've received your requests ,Commander." Hirato added with a proud smile.

Gareki finally looked at the Captain with a tensed expression. A question that has been bugging him since earlier in the battle will be finally asked.

"Where's Yogi?"
His heart dropped to his stomach when immediately, their faces turned somber.
"I'm afraid that you'll have to find it out yourself." Hirato said firmly with no hint of emotion on his face.
"Here he is." Tsukitachi warned and before they can question him, vines started to shoot towards their direction and immediately attacking the Airship One captain.
"Tsuki~chan ,I don't know who he is but seeing you touch him makes me so upset." Cold voice echoed as the same man from earlier emerged from the door.
Tsukitachi side stepped to avoid the attacker.
Gareki felt himself froze when he recognized that voice. The voice that was so familiar but at the same time,different from what was used to hear. His boyfriend's  voice which used to make him smile and give him comfort as it radiate a warm feeling but now only gave him chills and uneasiness.
"Y-Yogi-san?" Gareki heard Tsubame squeaked in fear. Even she, can't recognize the Lieutenant who only showed them pure kindness.

Thankfully, cruel man just ignored her and focused his whole attention to the ravenette in front of him.
"Your eyes are captivating. I want to make them mine." In a flash, the silver haired guy was already in front of him, his hand aiming to touch the raven's face.

On instinct, Gareki moved backwards and slapped the offending hand out of his face. He caught Tsukitachi's posture tensed before his eyes turned to a blazing red eyes in front of him. The other guy looked furious with his action.
"Arre? Do you want to play with me?" Yogi not Yogi asked with dangerous glint on his eyes before he slammed Gareki on the nearest wall with a hand on his neck.
"What the-?" Gareki almost cursed only to choke when the other tightened his fingers around him.
The people around them froze in both shock and fear. Tsubame, Yotaka, and Ranji can't move a muscle and their mouth seemed to be sealed with unknown force. They were not only bounded by shock but also in disbelief. This was Yogi they were talking about. The guy who followed Gareki like a puppy and protected him like a knight in shining armor.But what was he doing now?
"Hmm ,not so brave now? You dare to slap my hand away from you?" He asked with narrowed slits as he watched Gareki turned almost blue from the lack of oxygen. The raven would have gutted him if he wasn't too weak from the battle earlier.
"Yogi ,he's not an enemy.Release him." Akari's voice rang throughout the room.
"Mind your own business ,doctor." Yogi said in disgust.Gareki heard a huff from the pink head. He guessed that this occurrence already happened before because if not, Akari would be furious by now because of lack of respect.

Few more seconds and Gareki will really die. And it seemed like Yoshi had the same thinking because he flew towards Yogi and attacked him with his knife. Vines protected the silver haired guy but it was a chance for Gareki to kick him as hard as he could.
"Fuck!" Yogi cursed when he flew a few feet away from them as the young Commander  who was panting heavily. He was not even given a second when four sharp vines quickly made their moves on them. Or specifically , on Yoshi.
The students gasped when Gareki managed to pull him in last minute. The student almost died there. He was inch away from dying and to his credit, Yoshi managed to mask his horror.
"Damn Yogi stop!" The raven growled angrily. He knew he sounded so tired and frustrated but he can't help it. Not when Yogi was being like this and he doesn't even have the slightest idea why while Akari, Tsukitachi, and Hirato were so calmed about this. "What the fuck is wrong with you?! You can't just go around hurting people just because they offended you! Are you nuts?!"
"Gareki ,calm down. Yogi ,you have to go with me so we can sort this out." Akari said calmly while staring at Gareki with his worried pink eyes.
"Bastard!! Like that would work on me." Yogi answered the doctor hotly before turning to Gareki again. "You know what? I'll make you my new toy.It will be fun."
Gareki growled again before walking briskly towards Yogi and punching him on the face without a word. He headbutted him for good measure causing the other's nose to bleed and fall.
"Sort your mess ,you idiot." Gareki kneeled before him and fisted his collar. His eyes were glaring intensely at his unrecognizable boyfriend ,silently telling him to stop and wake up.
"Wha- Ga-Ga- arre?? Gare-ki ...Gareki-kun!" Yogi exclaimed in haze ,his voice was going back to normal again.
"You're awake now?" Gareki asked in annoyance as he watched Yogi's hair turned blonde again.
"Y-You're s-safe. " Yogi smiled faintly making the fist on his collar to loosen. Relief washed over the raven as he leaned on Yogi's chest and closed his eyes tiredly.
"Idiot." Gareki whispered before his body finally gave up. The raven fainted the same time Yogi wrapped his arms around him to pull him closer.

unedited