Chapter 6 - The assassin

AN- I am so sorry for this being so so late, so much stuff happened. I'm glad to see people enjoying it though ^_^

"Those ninja, they are chunin from the Village Hidden in the Mist, only one rank above you. They specialise in relentless attacks. They keep fighting, no matter what the cost." Kakashi explained, he was circling the two ninja he had tied to a tree. 

"How did you know about our ambush?" One of the ninja asked.

"A puddle." You pipped up. "There was a puddle on the floor when it hadn't rained in weeks."

"That's correct." Kakashi praised.

"In that case, if you knew why'd you leave it for the kids to fight?" Tazuna asked.

"I could've taken them out quickly, but then I wouldn't have learned who their target was or what they were after." Kakashi explained.

"What are you getting at?" Tazuna looked uncomfortable at the accusation. 

"I wanted to know if they were after us, some ninja attacking ninja, or if they were after you, the master bridge builder. When you put in the request you asked for standard protection from robbers. If we knew ninja would be after you then this would be a B ranked or higher mission. The task was simple, get you to your destination and protect you while you finished the bridge. If we knew there were going to be ninja involved then we would've made the cost higher and sent Chunin level or higher ninja. You might have your reasons but lying to us is unacceptable. We are now beyond the scope of this mission." Kakashi was glaring at Tazuna, Tazuna wasn't even looking at him. 

"We're Genin, this is too advanced for our level of training. We should go back and you can get more ninja that are better for the job." Sakura spoke up.

"No." Was the first thing to come out of your mouth without even thinking. "We can do this. We're a team and we can defeat anyone on our way to get this job done." You stared at Kakashi, having a mini fight via your eyes.

"Fine, we'll keep going then." Kakashi turned away and walked off, you and the rest rushed to catch up.

------Time Skip--------

You arrived at a boat, ugh boats, you hated boats, it's so easy just to accidentally fall into the water. You get into the boat and hope that nothing will happen to tip it.

Some time passes as you grip the side of the boat, Sasuke is giving you weird looks from his seat next to you. Your eyes catch something moving in the water, fish, lots of fish. But then you can hardly see the water, fog, really thick (T H I C C) fog. 

"The fog is so thick you can't see anything." Sakura whispered as she squinted her eyes.

"Bridge isn't far now, just a bit further. Your destination, The Land of Waves" The sailor said. While the others look in amazement at the bridge you were staring at the water, eyes not moving until you hit solid ground.
"You alright (Y/N)?"
You glance up from the water at Naruto, concern written across his face.
"Uh yeah I'm fine, I just dislike the water." You stare back at the water and a hand takes place on your shoulder.
"The water won't eat you." Sasukes failed attempt at humor didn't make you feel any better but you cracked a smile at him.
"Mister Tazuna, before we reach the shore I'd like to ask you a question. I need to know why these men are after you. Tell us or we'll leave you at the shore alone." Kakashi sensei still did not look pleased with Tazuna.
"I have no choice but to tell you. I want you to know the truth. Yes, this is beyond the scope of the original mission, the one who seeks my life is a very small man that casts a very deadly shadow." Tazuna looks across the water as he says this. 

Kakashi Sensei looks at Tazuna, "Who is it?"

"You should've heard of him. He's one of the wealthiest men in the world, the shipping magnet Gato." As Tazuna says his name, Kakashi's eyes widen.