Cover Up The Evidence

How to survive and not die: 
Step 1: is covering up the evidence
——
We all went off to Vincent's to get another baseball. "Baby Ruthy?" Smalls asked in confusion. Benny was trying to write Babe Ruth's signature on the baseball.

"Yeah, yeah, that looks pretty crappy man!" Yeah-Yeah said.

"Well, it's gonna buy us some time, you dorks!" Benny exclaimed and we ran off. 
———
The next day...

"Does anyone have some bright ideas?" Benny asked. His arm was around waist, my arm was wrapped around his shoulder, while I put my head on his because I was standing. It brought a smile to face just thinking about it.

"Well, I think I do," Smalls mumbled and everyone gave him their attention. "Why don't we go to Mr. Myrtle, knock on his door, and ask for the ball back?"

"What?!"

"No way!"

"Are you crazy?"

The guys and I thought that it was dangerous to EVER go to his house because we know the beast is going to do something to us.

———

The guys thought of something, but I don't think it was gonna work. We were using a stick to reel in the ball.

"Hey guys," I said. "I don't think this is gonna exactly work."

They all turned around and looked at me. "And what do you mean by that?"

"You really think a stick from a damn broom is gonna work?" I asked.

"How do you know, Cass?" Squints asked.

"Woman, you have to trust the process because if you don't then it work" Ham explained. I shrugged it off and went aside.

Ham put the stick through the hole, while Squints looked through a pair of knock-off binoculars.

'Ok...keep going...keep going...and...we got it!" Squints whispered exciting.

"AHHHH!" Ham yelled trying to fight the beast from eating the stick. Luckily, the guys caught it.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks, Cass." Ham breathed. I gave a small smile.

---

Plan B contained Small's invention that he made. Everyone had hard hats because the ball was hopefully gonna be thrown over from a catapult. Smalls was controlling the catapult with his controller. This was actually really cool and I have to admit that.

Squints and Smalls were both in the tree house to see from up top. They were let the catapult

"Alright, keep going. Now turn left and right. Go back a little and drop it." I heard Squints said.  "We got it!" I cheered quietly and everyone was ready with their mitts and stuff.

We heard growling and that was a very, very, very bad thing to hear.

"Bring it, bring it, bring it!" Squints panicked.

I saw the ball up in the air. "I got it! I got it! I got it!" Benny yelled, but it didn't go over the fence. It went in the beast's mouth.

"Damn it!" Bertram said.

---

Plan C contained off hanging Yeah-Yeah from the tree with a catcher's plate chest. I think that was the stupidest idea of all.

"Hey guys, if Yeah-Yeah gets eaten by the beast, it ain't gonna be my fault!" I said.

"Alright, we are ready!" Squints said.

Ham was reeling Yeah-Yeah down from a bike contraption thing.

"Alright, lower, lower, lower, lower, and...stop." Squints said. "Ok, he's there!"

After a few seconds of waiting, we heard a scream from Yeah-Yeah.

"PULL ME UP! PULL ME UP!" Yeah-Yeah shouted in fear.

---

Luckily, Yeah-Yeah was okay, but Plan D was dangerous. It was a vacuum-suction thing that we got from Timmy and Tommy. There were three switches that Bertram and Smalls were controlling. Kenny, Benny, Yeah-Yeah, and I were controlling the vacuum.

"You guys ready?" Bertram asked and we nodded.

"Okay, let it drop." Squints said and we let it drop. I watched drop a ground level.

"Turn on level 1," Bertram said. "It's on!"

I felt it go on because it became a little hard to control. "Turn on 2!"

It felt like it was gonna go out of control. "Turn on 3!"

We got the control on the vacuum. After a few seconds, I felt the tree house rumble. "Okay, Okay, we got it!"

We were about to bring the ball until I heard Smalls yell get out. What's happening back there?

"Cassie!"

———I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and sorry for not updating the past few days.

This chapter was pretty rushed and I didn't really that much time to plan it out, but like I said. I hope you enjoyed.

Have a great day!

-Cieara ;)