Hostage (Amy x reader)

Request: Amy Santiago freaking out when her girlfriend, who is also a detective, gets taken hostage by a criminal

Request: Amy Santiago freaking out when her girlfriend, who is also a detective, gets taken hostage by a criminal. She's regretful that the last thing they did together was get into a very heated argument about coming out as a couple to the team because Amy doesn't want to, but the reader does. So, once the reader is found, Amy kisses her in front of the entire team.

"Why can't we tell them about us?" you questioned your girlfriend once again while you were arguing in the break room.

"Because... because it's unprofessional," Amy stuttered back.

"Unprofessional? Jake dated a defense attorney and crashed her work party with Terry, Boyle tells us way too much information about himself, Rosa and Pimento practically had sex in here when they were dating and Hitchcock and Scully are... well, they're Hitchcock and Scully. If you haven't noticed this prescient has never exactly been the most professional of places," you retorted but Amy just looked to the ground.

"Amy, if you're worried about how they might react you don't have to. Everybody loves Captain Holt and Kevin and they were all supportive when Rosa said she was bi and dating a woman, it'll be alright," you continued.

"I just don't want to tell them yet okay," she shouted before walking away.

She bumped into Jake on the way out who was coming to get you.

"Everything okay with you and Amy?" he asked.

"Yeah, just fine," you muttered quietly.

"Alright well... we got a case, felon named Jackson escaped during transport to max," he told you.

You and Jake went after the convict but it didn't quite turn out as expected.

The two of you chased Jackson into an abandoned building, you took the first floor and Jake took the second. Jackson ambushed you, hitting you over the head and knocking you out, taking you with him as a hostage.

Jake returned to the precinct and the team soon received a message from Jackson, saying he wanted a hundred grand and a car or else he'd kill you.

Amy froze, the last thing you two did was argue and now your life was on the line.

"We have to get her back," she stated.

"We will get detective Y/L/N back, don't worry detective Santiago" Holt told her.

That wasn't good enough for Amy, she grabbed a tactical vest and rushed to the stairwell.

"Amy wait," Jake called after her.

The rest of the team suited up and followed Amy to the address Jackson had given them for the drop off.

The team surrounded the entrance, guns raised.

Rosa kicked down the door and they all filed inside.

"You're under arrest Jackson," Jake stated but he already had a gun pointed to your head in the chair you were tied up in.

"I hope you have what I asked for or your friend here is going to have her brains blown out," he laughed.

The team looked around to each other, hesitant on what to do.

Amy didn't let him intimidate her, she expertly fired her gun, the bullet hitting Jackson's trigger hand.

He dropped the gun in pain and Jake and Terry hurried to cuff him.

Amy ran over to you, untying you and pulling you to your feet.

"Y/N are you okay?" she asked, grasping your cheeks.

"I'm alright Amy, I'm alright," you said holding onto her.

Without a second thought Amy kissed you right in front of the whole team.

"Amy," you said under your breath.

"I'm so sorry about earlier, I was scared but I'm not anymore, I love you Y/N and I want everyone to know about us," she smiled.

"Well that's good because I think they know now," you chuckled looking to your friends. Jake, Terry and Holt were all surprised while Rosa nodded approvingly.

"Oh my gosh, Y/N and Amy, I need to know everything, how long have you been together? Why didn't you tell us sooner? Have you stayed the night with each other yet?" Boyle said with a wink, "when's the wedding?"

"Boyle!" nearly everyone shouted at him.

By the time you got back to the precinct everyone had congratulated you both and Amy realized you were right, everything was going to be alright.