Two

"Don't let your guard down! Always be expecting your opponent's next attack!"

          I duck quickly as he swings his staff at me. In one swift motion, I straighten back up and grab it, using the momentum to rip it out of his grasp. Without a second thought, I spin around, knocking him down in the process. I hold his staff above him, ready to deliver the final blow.

          "You're getting good, Lauren. Pretty soon there won't be anything left for me to teach you," Doctor Strange decides, a grin on his face. He stands up, snatching his staff back from me in the process. I can't help but smile a bit at his praise.

           "After two years of training, I think you're finally ready to move on to better things. In fact, I have something for you," He looks at me for a second before a pink light surrounds us, and we're back in his house.

          I watch him curiously as he walks over to a chest and pulls out a ring and a bow. The bow is very familiar since I've trained with it on countless occasions. It's a beautiful brown oak bow with an elegant curve. It's also enchanted to never run out of arrows. In fact, you don't need arrows to use it at all. You just pull back the bowstring and one appears, perfectly notched. It's by far my favorite weapon that he's let me use.

          The ring, however, is completely new. It's a beautiful silver band with a glowing amber jewel in the center. Its glow makes me think that it might be enchanted, too.

           "These are for you. I hope they help you with your journey," Doctor Strange smiles, handing me both the ring and the bow. "I've cast a couple spells on them that I think you'll enjoy. Try twisting the ring."

           I place the ring on my finger and twist it to the right. For a split second I feel a sturdy fabric creep over my skin, but as soon as the feeling comes it's gone. I look down and gasp.

         Instead of the t-shirt and jeans, I had on a second ago, I'm now wearing a dark brown suit that looks similar to Black Widow's. It's stretchy, allowing me to move easily. It also has a dip in the fabric at the back, which I assume is for my wings.

          To say I love it is an understatement. There's no place to put a bow though...

           "Now take this and put it behind you," Doctor Strange says, handing me the bow. I furrow my eyebrows but do it anyway. If there's one thing I've learned during my two years training with him, it's not to question him.

           As soon as I reach behind me with the bow, I feel it snap into something, and it suddenly disappears. I jerk my hand back quickly. Doctor Strange laughs.

           "Now you don't have to worry about carrying it around. As long as you put it back, it'll always be there when you need it," he explains. "It's part of the suit too, so when you're not using it, it'll just be in your ring. Try twisting it to the left."

           I do what he says and for a brief moment, I feel fabric peeling itself off my skin. When I look down I see that I'm back in my t-shirt and jeans. I cautiously reach behind me, and sure enough, there's nothing there. I can't help but grin.

            "This is amazing! Thank you so much!" I cry, practically tackling him in a hug. I quickly pull away and laugh at the slightly disturbed expression on his face.

            "You have a bring future ahead of you, Ms. Green. Although, I'm afraid that there's not much more I can do to help you achieve it. You're on your own for now," He smiles, presses something into my hand, and disappears in another flash of pink light. I stare blankly ahead for a minute, trying to comprehend what he said.

          Bright future? On my own? Does he really expect me to be some sort t of.. hero? I glance down at the black masquerade mask in my hand. Every child's dream has been presented to me on a silver platter... So why do I feel so scared?