Chapter 4 - The Proposal

3 days later...

A.E's POV..

I visited Austin every single day and he looks quite irritated already that I keep on coming back to disturb him. But I can't help it. I like spending my time with him.

"Good morning!" I greeted happily as I entered his room.

I opened the door widely to let B1 and B2 bring in the gift I have bought for him today.

"You may go." I said as I signaled B1 and B2 to leave the room immediately.

"What is it this time?!" Austin asked, looking annoyed.

"It's a painting." I answered ignoring his annoyed expression. Then I removed the paper covers of the painting and showed it to him. "It's an original painting by Pablo Picasso. It's called Guernica. Guernica is primarily a war painting, offering a visual account of the devastating and chaotic impact of war on both men and women, in this case specifically on civilian life and communities. See, I really love all his paintings."

I look at him looking at me with an amused expression.

"What am I gonna do with that?" he suddenly ask.

"Of course you hang it on the wall. Duh?" I muttered like its an obvious thing to do. "And don't you dare not accept it. I spent millions of dollars for it in an Auction in Spain."

I then saw Alyssa, his sister, laughing silently at the corner. She's eating some chips like she's watching a movie.

"I know you like it." I added which makes Alyssa burst out laughing.

"What do you know about what I like and what I don't?" he asked, looking pissed. "And Alyssa, will you stop laughing?!"

"Well you don't have a choice but to like it." I reasoned. "You saved my life so it's just right for me to shower you with gifts."

I literally showered him with gifts. First day, I ordered a thousand roses to be delivered to his room. Then later fed the whole hospital staff with food. So they all went thanking him and me, which practically annoyed both of us. The next day, I gave him a rolex, 10 pairs of shoes (I measured his foot while he was sleeping), 10 pairs of polo and ties with suit (I ask his assistant for his measurement, he couldn't say NO!) and 10 scents of the world's famous men's perfume (who wouldn't like perfumes? I love perfumes). And now, the painting. I am still thinking of what else to give him.

Why is it so hard to give gifts to a guy?

"Stop thinking of things to give me." he said in a serious tone. "I told you I didn't need one."

"But I don't follow orders." I reasoned out. "I give orders."

His eyes darken as he looked at me.

"You're stubborn." he said.

"I know." I replied and Alyssa laughed harder.

"I'm gonna leave you two here.." she said going to the door. "A.E, I really like you."

"ALYSSA MARTIN! DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE ME HERE!" he growled at her sister.

"Bye, lovebirds!" she said and with a wink, she quickly went out of the room.

Austin closed his eyes and sighed.

What did I do now?

"I guess you're stuck with me?" I said and sighed.

"Whatever." he replied and tried to reach for his phone. And I saw him saying something to himself.

"Saying something?" I asked and he shook his head.