Couldn't Sit Back // 1

CHAPTER ONE
2ND POV
3/6/18
/ / / /

You were set. Settled in and ready for action!

Though, much to your surprise, you weren't immediately sent to work. It seemed like the team was constantly on the edge of adventure and danger from what you'd heard.

After you arrived and were explained how things usually worked around your new home, the Chief's youngest son, Cody, was more than happy to show you the run of the place. You were happy to oblige, and bonded over your positive and optimistic attitudes.

Blades was shy towards you, but you were sure that he'd be more comfortable after the team got used to you. He seemed to like American reality TV programs, and assured you it was important to understanding the planet's dominant species. You added the suggestion to your "bucket list", as Cody had called it. What did your future goals have to do with buckets, though?

His partner however—Danni Burns—was much more straightforward and outgoing. The two of you exchanged playful and sarcastic banter, and you found you both loved romance, history, and taking on challenges that Blades would be terrified of. Racing was also one, and it pained you that it wasn't something you'd be able to enjoy much anymore.

Heatwave and Kade were . . . they were an intriguing duo to say the least. Both hotheaded, boastful, determined, stubborn, but always up to the task at hand. Heatwave was the leader of the group and appeared to have a habit of letting his personal opinions and emotions get the best of him. He must be pretty good at correcting that behavior though, if he was still the Rescue Bots' leader. Kade was not the leader of the humans, and he was too prideful and boastful and too much of a jerk to lead. He had his faults though, plus a girlfriend, and he must've been good enough if she stayed around.

   Boulder was welcoming and incredibly kind upon first meeting him. It made your spark flutter at how accepting and excited he was to have a new addition to the team. The bulky green mech seemed to love Earth and the plant life that covered the island. His human companion and best friend for life was Graham. This human seemed to be the most intelligent and awkward of the humans, but like his partner, he too was happy for a new teammate.

Chief Burns, AKA Charlie Burns, was their leader. His children were his coworkers and his strong, dependable colleagues. You admired him, not only as a fellow officer of the law, but also as a selfless human being and caring father.

His partner was a little odd and out of place from the rest of them, but honestly a bit of a cute dork too. Chase, a mech who had a police car alt mode that yours was quite similar to. You chatted for a little bit about your interests before Cody stole your attention because he wanted to show you around town. You were excited for not only exploring the rest of the island, but also working with Chase. He was very by-the-book, sort of like you, though you were a bit looser on them than him. He also was almost robotic in his interactions, as well as awkward but professional at the same time. He was about as sociable as you, which meant not very much at all, but you knew that—like his helicopter bot friend—Chase would grow comfortable in your presence.

For now, you had to stay patient.

/ / / /

"I don't see any trouble spots," Cody announced from his chair at the monitors, "Everyone is just . . . looking."

"Not much need for crowd control then. Let's head home everyone," Chief Burns responded. You drove behind the two, following Chase like a tail. You didn't want to screw up on this, even if it had been a simple patrol with two professionals.