11 - undelivered

jungkook quietly sat in the corner, fidgeting with his fingers. he saw jimin in the distance, laughing with his friends, giggling and having fun.

am i not... fun enough to talk to anymore?

jungkook sighed, slapping himself to keep himself awake.

his bangs were beginning to lose their shape and fall in front of his eyes. his eyes couldn't even leave jimin. he needed to stop staring unless one of his friends will probably tell him "who is that person in the corner staring at you?" 

jungkook groaned, until a woman approached him, smiling widely.

"jungkook right? do you want anything to drink? you can get some fruit punch if you want." she said. jungkook looked at her, realizing it was jimin's mother.

now i know where he gets his beautiful eye smile from... jungkook thought to himself, grinning.

"t-thank you, i will go get some." jungkook looked at her, giving her a big smile of positivity, or trying to show positivity at least.

he was beginning to get up until he realized the fruit punch was a bit behind jimin. he immediately got tensed up.

why was he so nervous now?

was it because of earlier?

jungkook tried to forget what happened earlier, but immediately got an image of jimin crying in front of him.

he was quiet, he wasn't himself.

he needs something.

but what?

what does he not want to tell him?

whatever it is.

jungkook needs to know sooner.

he continued to walk past jimin, trying to ignore him in his sight, until after a few steps while passing him, he bumps into someone.

"i'm sorry-"

"excuse me?" the person turns around, and jungkook freezes up. he had longer bangs than him, sort of in a gray color. even though his bangs were long, he still saw glistening of the brown eyes look through the strands of hair to see jungkook's eyes.

it took jungkook a few seconds to realize who it was in front of him, but he just couldn't pinpoint the name right away.

"w-wait, t-taehyung!?" he gasped. taehyung looked at him a bit confused, until he did a deep "ah!" to him.

"you're the kid who got milk thrown at, right?" he asked.

jungkook instantly burned up.

"w-well, i guess i am..." jungkook dropped his head, trying to not feel worse than he already was at the heat of the moment.

taehyung grabbed his fruit punch, and was about to walk away, until jungkook tapped his shoulders, making taehyung turn around with a blank expression.

"do you maybe want to talk?" jungkook smiled, but after hearing that come out of his mouth, it sounded so awkward. he tried to continue to smile and scratched his head, grabbing a cup of fruit punch for himself.

"sure, i have nothing else to do instead of being here for jimin." taehyung agreed, and continued to walk to the empty seats in the corner.

jungkook passed jimin once again, feeling emptier and emptier. he wanted to go to the party to talk to jimin, but seeing him talking to his other friends made him feel another type of way.

was it perhaps jealousy?

jungkook sighed to himself, and took a seat across from taehyung.

"what did you want to talk about?" he asked. jungkook noticed how taehyung's appearance from one year ago still greatly changed. besides his hair growing out more, he seemed more silent than the time he met him.