DAY 1[FIRST AND LAST]!

Annabel and George were sitting in his father's study,immersed in details  of a sample case. Annabel realized that an L.L.M was necessary if she really wanted to do something worthwhile in law. Being a brilliant student,it wasn't that difficult for her except now that the  focus had shifted to earning more than giving two more years  to study,the decision had to be made after much consultation from others  as well as her readiness. Annabel consulted George's dad, Mathew Hudson who encouraged her thought and insisted THEM to apply for L.L.M. George wasn't happy but didn't complain,especially in front of his dad. He had been a doting son  eversince his parents got seperated where his mother gave his custody to his father to get remarried somewhere else. He couldn't refuse his dad even if he wanted to.

Why do you always have to be like this Annabel? Since college ,I have seen you taking independent decisions regardless of their impact on others. Now,dad wants US to graduate again from L.L.M . I don't want to . I thought of practicing law under his guidance and then setting up my career in the right direction,but no,no. I made a mistake before realizing my dreams come true,I accepted your request of working together and now am stuck. Why do u always have to be like this?

He yelled at her and pulled his hair in frustration. Not able to control himself,he walked out of the room leaving stunned Annabel behind. She didn't know what's between father and son that he was yelling at her like this. She collected her things and went out of the room too. George saw her leaving but didn't attempt to stop or apologise to her for his rudeness. He always too angry to recall his words which shot Annabel in heart.

Hey Gran... wassup?

Hey darling,nothing much. Got bored without you and Maltese. Even Mary wasn't here to give this old woman some company!! Elley faked a sad face which soon was replaced with a smiling one.

Why? What is she up to?

She has flown to Florida with her parents to celebrate Christmas with the rest of their family. They would return only after two weeks.

Oh,I didn't knew that. Sorry,for leaving you alone.

Doesn't matter honey. How was your first day at work? Was your friend...umm what's his name, nice with you ?

It was fine until I asked his father something,and then the things started to get out of control. You see,his dad agreed with my thought but imposed it on George too, who already has other plans but is too brave to put them in front of his father...he put up all his blames and spilled out all his frustrations in the dustbin in front of him..ME.

How could he? Annabel,didn't you say anything?

I wasn't feeling well Gran. I justed wanted to leave the place after hearing all those words which shot me like daggers. I don't want to go there again.

But then,this isn't the way to just hide in and avoid the insult which was unnecessarily hurled upon you.

Hmm..anyways. Did you take your medicines ? Have you eaten something since morning or not? Let's see what we can fix at this hour of time.

O yes. I made myself a delicious breakfast of baked potatoes and a bowl of fruitsalad . In the afternoon,I had a simple meal of smoked fish.

Salmon or trout?

Trout .

Alright. What for now? I m hungry and also wanted to rest. I m having a slight headache and body pain.

It's okay honey. If you need me, remember,I m just a call away. Come,let me give you your medicines and also prepare something to eat before you go to sleep.

Elley cooked lasagna which was not only their favorite but also easy and quick to prepare . They enjoyed it while watching a pageant show on television which might've begun just a few minutes ago. So engrossed were they in it that Annabel missed George's and Mary's call which remained unattended until she checked her phone only in the afternoon the next day.

Having had a late night,she couldn't wake up early and the dyad dozed off till mid-noon. Elley woke up first and also roused Annabel. They were still in haze yet knew that it was too late to sleep anymore. Annabel munched an apple after freshing up so that she could have her medicines and was followed by her grandmother,the same way. They had lunch, post which  Annabel dialled Mary while Elley settled beside her with a magazine . They chatted on speaker with her earning a earful to attend her call the next time to avoid their death from her.  Annabel felt much lighter and happy after the chat. She messaged George instead of calling him back.
Hey ya,sry didn't see your missed call until this afternoon. I won't be able to make up for work. Hence it would be better if you continue to work without me.I pondered the whole night thinking of what I actually want and hence, feel it's best to retract my steps and move ahead independently.
No offence..
No regrets..
And also plz don't follow your series of SORRYS' again. We are friends and hopefully would bond better and stronger in time.
~Annabel.

She received an instant reply from him.

I know I have hurt you yesterday because of which you've taken such a step but Annabel,believe me when I say it wasn't my intention,I mean it. Anger had consumed my mind and I couldn't differentiate between right and wrong,hence crossed my limits. Let's restart and become a team again. I know I can't undo my words but can rectify it however you want. I hope you would reply in (+)ive.
~ George

Annabel was in a fix. She had never come across such situations and Mary wasn't with her at the moment, the situation was just like adding a cherry to the already overloaded ice cream. She didn't reply but asked her grandmother about it. Later that day,she sent screenshots of their conversation to Mary and asked her what should be done next. Mary asked for a day's time and told her to calm herself.

She went to her grandmother's room who was engaged in rearranging the book shelves and also the photographs of her late grandfather spread in a line on the bed.She missed him on their birthdays and anniversaries and at moments when she felt desolate and tired of life.

Annabel helped her restack them. They planned a worth utilization of that day by visiting an orphanage which had invited Elley to spend some time with their children when she had donated some clothes and money for its welfare earlier that month. Elley was an active socialist and participated in activities of the orphanage whenever she got time.   On their way back,in the evening, they stopped by a famous restaurant to feast on an exotic Maple Salmon dish and slipped out to lick  their favorite Buttered Popcorn Ice Cream before returning home. While Annabel held a cone ,Elley had to settle with a small cup at least savor  it's taste,despite being strictly forbidden by her doctor, DOCTOR ANNABEL.