c h o c o l a t e

im aware that jeongguk doesn't know Taehyung's name, but for convenience I'll be writing it down in the text. Jeongguk still won't be using it in dialogue though.

third person

"yo jeongguk, you coming to the party?"

yoongi asks, head tilted in inquiry as jin stood beside him, waiting expectantly for an answer.

jeongguk keeps aside his bottle, weighing out his options because of course, he always attends the parties after his matches. he never had the reason not to.

today though, he did sort of have a schedule. which was: bitch at the diner about how jimin insulted his white t shirt aesthetic.

hell, today is friday, that means a shittier desert, but an equally amazing drink, and jeongguk did not want to miss out on that.

he also kind of didn't want to leave the red haired man hanging, considering he usually told the other if he wouldn't be coming the next day, which hadn't been that many times per se.

he kind of really doesn't want to go to the party, because as much as he likes yugyeom hitting on him and girls ogling his thighs, he prefers laughing at woonbin's misery.

yet, with a heavy heart, he looks back up at yoongi, takes a double take when he's about to say no, but a feeble 'yeah, sure' comes out instead.

he feels positively cheated.

jin claps happily, squealing something about how thy could finally put his new SUV to use.

yoongi snorts, probably saying something snarky to which jin smacks him on the head for.

jeongguk is still regretting his life decisions.

(literally just a single decision but he's a kid, let him live for god's sake.)

————

jeongguk has half the mind to shove rotten tortillas down the girls' throat when namjoon ( a savior, an intellectual) comes to save the day.

jeongguk doesn't even bother to listen to the lie namjoon tells the girl, just waits impatiently for the second namjoon finally drags him away from the IQ reducing conversation.

"you're really obvious, you know that?" namjoon says, once he has successfully found a place where the music wasn't so loud that it rattled their bones, and there isn't a drunk couple making out (or nearly fucking) in any corner.

"or, i'm pretty normal and you're the over smart one who reads situations too well." jeongguk sasses back, so much from a respectful younger friend. namjoon rolls his eyes.

"whatever you say, buddy." and maybe it's because namjoon, an actual man with an IQ of the sages, tends to be so self aware and observant, that jeongguk thinks about himself deep and hard every time the two manage to talk.

sure, jeongguk and namjoon aren't the best of friends, but jeongguk likes to think he knows the other pretty well. they are good friends at the very least, even with the comparatively short amount of time that they do converse.

so that could be the potential reason that jeongguk doesn't quite feel right, moving his hips along the beat just the way he knows strangers' like, when he knows he would rather be counting the amount of times a certain red haired man argues that the word 'gray,' isn't actually 'gray' or 'grey', but it's actually 'grei.'

very fruitless conversation indeed, but again, he deems it must be better than the feeling of rough hands encircling his waist, hips grinding against his ass.