Twenty-Six: That You Love Him, You Twit!

Sawyer Evans

I woke up with a pounding headache and the urge to vomit. I rushed up off of the couch and Bennett and ran into the bathroom. A moment later Bennett was in there standing behind me holding my hair back as everything I ate this morning and yesterday came out as well as the whole bottle of whiskey I drank.

"Bennett, out. Please. This is gross and you do not need to be in here." I spoke as I leaned my face down.

"I'm going to stay, Saw." He spoke as he rubbed his hand up and down my back and held my hair. 

"Howd your meeting go?" I asked as I glanced at him in his dark grey suit. He drew his eyebrows down.

"I didn't go."

"What? Why?" I asked as I stood up and flushed the toilet.

"You needed someone so I came here, you were wasted." He spoke as he brushed a curl out of my face.

"Oh.. what time is it?" I glanced down to my feet.

"6:38. I believe Emily is almost home." He spoke as he glanced to his watch.

"How long have you been here?" I asked as I began washing my hands.

"Since about 10:30." He replied as he walked back into the living room.

"What have you been doing?" I squinted as I walked into the living room.

"Sleeping. The same as you." I shrugged as he sat on the couch.

"What all did i say to you?" I rubbed my face as my head pounded.

"You were just goofy and talkative. I figured why you were upset." He shrugged. I sat down down right beside Bennett and leaned onto his shoulder.

"I feel like shit." My voice rasped.

"You drank a whole bottle of Whiskey. I would think so." He raised an eyebrow. I pursed my lips.

"Smart ass."
He chuckled, the sound in his chest vibrating across my face.

"Sawyer Lynn!!" Emilys voice yelled from behind the door as it began to rattle.

"Ugh. I hate this damn door! It won't let me in!" She shouted as she began slamming her body onto it and it flew open and in came my tall blonde best friend flying in behind it.

"Shhh, Em. I have a headache." I squinted as I looked towards the door that let light in.

"Sawyer!" She squealed as she ran over to me and pulled me off of Bennett into a bone crushing hug.

"Emily, I'm hungover. Shhh, please." I laughed slightly.

"I missed you! And you drank so much where you got drunk? I thought pretty boy was going to skip his meeting for you." She shot Bennett a pointed look.

"I did skip it, Emily." Bennett spoke from the couch.

"I drank most of the bottle before he got here, according to him. I don't remember it." I yawned as I plopped back down beside Bennett and laid back on his shoulder.

"Are you okay now? I'm so so sorry I wasn't here. Also, Happy belated birthday!!" Emily shouted again. I winced.

"Thank you, Em. And I'm good. I just get bummed when I have to come back." I laughed slightly. Bennett began drawing circles on my shoulder with his thumb.

"I know. And I wasn't here. I'm a terrible friend." She frowned as she sat in the small chair across from me.

"No you're not. You deserved a break after everything I have put you through and all that you have helped me through. It is not your job to babysit me and I am sorry if I have made it seem like it was." I smiled as I closed my eyes.