13. DEVIL IN ME

❛ chapter thirteen!

thirteen | devil in me—halsey

       Savitar has started messing with Wally and anger is a word that barely describes what I feel. We had been off to a simple fire alarm and got sidetracked when Kid Flash was 'attacked' by Savitar, even though the self proclaimed god wasn't there; Wally told us that he's been having visions of Savitar for almost a week and this had made Barry's blood boil ending in a slightly heated discussion in the Cortex and razor sharp words being shot from his mouth, words he now regrets saying.

       We know that future Barry trapped Savitar somewhere and we know that he manages to get out of wherever he is at some point, all we need to know is his location to make sure he doesn't escape and the only way to know it is by asking him. So we've set up yet another séance with the god of speed—something Julian is not very fond of, I don't love the idea either but that's the only way. Even though we don't have the stone to do so, Cisco tells us that we can do it by using Savitar's spatial frequency from the last time we plugged Julian in. That night, we gather in the speed lab where Cisco has set up everything to make it happen and Julian is already in the chair closing his eyes and waiting for Savitar to take over.

        It doesn't take long for it to happen. A loud gasp coming from Julian's mouth echoes in the room, taking everyone by surprise, announcing it's worked. Unlike that last time, I'm not scared when I hear that demonic voice coming from Julian's mouth, I'm enraged. I want this to be over, for all he's doing is tearing the team from the inside, making them argue and fight each other and I won't let this team to be torn apart; I keep quiet during most part of the séance, my knuckles white as I try not to smack the smug smile off his face with the mug in my hand every time his eyes fall on me during his little speech. Him messing up with Wally won't stay like this, him messing with any of them will not stay like this.

       Savitar tells us that he's been imprisoned in the only place we could've think of, the only place that could actually hold him and that he's been there long enough to lose his mind several times over and boy can I see that. Questions are put in my head when he suggests we haven't gotten rid of the Philosopher's Stone, I know we did. We were propelled to the future and saw him killing Iris because of that, unless the stone was part of a larger piece that doesn't make sense to me. He keeps talking and the mere sound of his voice is making my blood boil even more.

       "Every step, every move that you make, it only brings me nearer to my freedom. I only need a couple more things—" the sound of breaking glass encroaches upon the room, stopping Savitar from continuing; all eyes follow the sound of the pieces that hit the floor, soon they take in the scene I'm part of; I look at the blood oozing from my tight closed fist, pieces of glass diving in deep into the reddened and burnt skin the piping hot coffee within the mug provoked, it should hurt, but my mind is clouded by rage so it remains numb. Before I can register it, I'm making my way towards him, leaving a trail of dark, sticky blood behind me. A low laugh escapes Savitar's throat, "The mighty Guardian," he purrs as I brush past Barry and stand just inches away from the deranged man, "the only one that can match my greatness and she lets her emotions get the best of her. I thought they had taught you how to use them, control them."