1.2

A/N:
.2 Chapters will be slightly shorter and in italics. This is because these chapters are flash backs of the times before the Quarter Quell.

Little sneak peaks into how they fell in love.
Enjoy my lovelies x

To the onlookers of District 4, the two, young, children who couldn't be older than thirteen, played amongst the shallows of the crystal blue water without a care in the world. Their screams of happiness as the two chased each other down, playing an innocent game of tag, flowed on the warm breeze to the harbour nearby. A joyous sound for the hard working fishermen. 

"Finnick!" I screamed as the golden hair boy tackled my smaller frame into the slaty water. Both our heads disappearing under the surface of the knee deep water for a few moments.
Both of us emerging with laughter as we splash the cool water back and forth at each other.

"Still too slow flower," Finnick grins. His pearly white teeth standing out against his tanned completion that is a dark golden off the summer sun.

"Only because you cheated!" I giggle back as we sit in the water to cool off. A sly smirk finding its way onto my face as I lunge at the young boy and try to push his head under water.

Almost too easily, Finnick uses the water to his advantage and ducks under the surface of the shimmering water to evade my small hands. He pushes up with his powerful legs and wraps his arms around my own as he stands quickly; using the momentum to throw my petite body over his shoulder so I flip loudly onto my back. A 'crack' sounding as I break the water. I disappear under the water once again.

Spluttering and coughing as I reemerge, my small nose scrunches up as I scowl at the howling boy. Finnick is doubled over laughing at my misfortune.

He looks so happy it almost takes my breath away. The way the sun reflects off the rippling water surrounding us into his mesmerising eyes that are creased at the sides with laughter. The way the water droplets shimmer in his golden hair as he runs a hand through it so that is out of his face but sticking by up messily now.

I shake my head to rid the silly thoughts. Finnick is my friend. My only friend! My best friend. He is someone I hope I can rely on for the rest of my life.

"Finnick!" I whine as I begin giggling along with him. Unable to not join in with his contagious laugh.

I feel so lucky that the boy who has every girl swooning over him is my best friend. That he decides to spend when not at work with me. He says he only hangs around because 'I'm the only girl immune to his charm' but I know it's because he misses me as much as I miss him when we're apart... I hope.
It's because we're both free spirits in a world that wants to control everyone.

And moments like these, no one can taint.

I smile uncontrollably at Finnick. Both our faces beaming at each other as we mess around, the salt water begin to form a small layer of dried salt on our skin under he intense heat of the sun, "Come on Flower, time to teach you how to swim," Finnick smirks.

Splashing water at his face, we both begin laughing again as we head for slightly deeper water, both of us continuing to splash as much salty water at each other as we move, to try and attempt to not drown myself.