4.1

I awoke the next morning tucked up tightly in my husbands arms. My head tucked neatly into the crook of his neck and our legs tangled between the sheets that pool at our waist. 

A sigh of contentment escaping my lips as I snuggle further into Finnick's broad chest, his arms pulling me closer to him so he can bury his head on top of mine and place a small kiss in my tattered hair. 

"Morning, Flower," he murmurs as he settles down for another few minuets, his blonde hair tousled and sticking up in every direction imaginable. I gently reach up and run my fingers through it silky softness. A contrast to the grip I had on the golden locks last night. I was surprised I hadn't pulled any of it out. 

"Morning, Sunshine," I smile into him as he moves his head down to place a lingering kiss on my lips. A grumble of content escaping him. 

He deepens the kiss, slowly rolling over so that he supports himself above me and gazes down adoringly into my jade green eyes with his ocean blue ones. 

We just stay there for a while. Drinking in each other. Every freckle, every scar and crease on our faces. Burning it to memory so we can never forget. Never forget this moment when nothing else mattered, just the two of us. Just his skin on mine. Just his touch that gently tucks a lock of my long hair behind my ear. Just us. 

A gentle, specific, knock at the door has both of us groaning in annoyance. Finnick's head dropping down in frustration onto my small chest. 

"Thank you Mags," He called over to the still closed door. Time to get up. For me to leave. To go back upstairs where everything was, oh, so real. Where next time I saw Finnick, in the public eye, we had to pretend to just be friends, close friends. The odd kiss on the cheek and possible a sly hand hold if we were lucky. 

"I don't want to go," I whisper, putting my hands on Finnick's cheeks and making him lift his head to look at me. Possibly, purposefully, moving my hips so that they nudged against his. I bit my lip as I watch him. The lust that clouds his eyes as he gently nudges my legs further open with his.

"A little longer won't hurt anyone," he growls. 

****

Rushing back up to my level and dashing into the open living area wearing last nights clothes had practically every brow in the room lifting at my flustered state. 

"Someone had fun," Barley sniggered as I dashed past him whilst he ate his breakfast. I went to hit him lightly over the head, but the smell of the freshly cooked food had my stomach flipping and forcing it's contents up my throat. 

Running past a group of bewildered looking Avoxes, I make it to my room and luckily the bathroom. Coughing and spluttering I wait for the awful sensation to pass.  I hadn't been hugging the bowl long when Barley appeared in the doorway with a quiet knock. I had left the door open in my rush but it was sweet of him to knock anyway before he nodded over his shoulder at someone and then came to sit at my side. 

"I'm getting someone to go get Finnick," he whispered to me as he placed a soothing hand on my shoulder. A shiver running through me at the cold sweat that had broken out across my brow. 

Shaking my head I shut my eyes in hopes of holding back tears. It was rare for me to cry. But today, I wasn't feeling brave enough at all. 

"No," I cough out before another wave of nausea has me throwing my head practically all the way into the lavatory. 

"No!" I spit when I'm finished. I hold back a sob, placing my hand across my eyes as I rested my elbow on the bowl, still shaking my head ever so slightly. 

"He needs to know, Alice," He whispers as I begin sobbing into my hands. 

"But I can't be," I gasp, "I can't" my voice cracks as I begin properly crying. 

"Barley?" I hear a melodic voice call.

"In here," he calls back, standing from my side to catch the eye of my wandering husband in the corridor as he tries to locate us. 

Barley doesn't even have to open his mouth before Finnick is rushing into the room at the sound of my sobs. He stops, a panicked look in his eyes before one of disbelief falls upon his face. Instantly he's at my side, pulling me into his chest and holding me tightly. Rocking us back and forth as we both begin crying. 

I don't have to say anything for him to understand.