Mother dearest

"So... why New York?" I ask at a cafe a few hours outside mystic falls. "What id like to know is why I've been hearing you've been in mystic falls" Klaus asks and I sigh. "Nostalgia. Heard Eliajh's gone rogue, what's up with that?" I ask pretending like I don't know he dumped his family in the ocean.

"Well you know Elijah, with all his moral, noble whatnot" klaus says brushing off the question. "Any word on the doppelgänger?" I ask him and he nods. "A few, but most are only mentioning Katherine witch in most cases I would care but she isn't my target at the moment... all I have so far is a last name, Gilbert" he says and I pretend to be surprised.

"Like John?" I ask and he nods. "I knew they were psychopaths I just didn't think they inherited it from me" I say drinking whatever drink was served. "So if you've been in mystic falls i assume you would notice if The doppelgänger was there, so I'll start looking where I've got some other reports up in LA" klaus says and I almost smirk, I went up to LA earlier and spread a few rumours that should keep Klaus busy until we get a plan...

Few hours later

I walk over to Elena's house to tell her Klaus doesn't know where she is but knows she could exist. I open the door just to see Alaric punch John, Elena's uncle/father in the face and I laugh.

"That's just to good" I mutter as Alaric leaves and I look to John who might have a broken jaw. "Red? What are you doing here?" John asks and I sigh tapping the invisible barrier stopping me from entering the house.

"I'm here for the same reason Elijah was here before you daggered him..." I say looking to Elena who looks down guiltily. "- to protect Elena from Klaus, aka kill Klaus" I say and John scoffs. "You. Kill, Klaus oh please last time I saw you, you would have freaked out if someone even implied they were going to hurt Klaus so why should we trust you" John asks and I snarl at him.

"I trust her far more than I trust you so back off! Red would you like to come in?" Elena says and I smile. "I would love to" I say and she glares at John dragging me upstairs and I flip off John on the way up.

"So what's happened that's making everyone go crazy?" I ask sitting down on Elena's bed. "My mom Isobel, she's a vampire and she came back and freaked out my aunt Jenna because she thought Isobel was dead" Elena says and I sigh hearing John come up the stairs. "Oof John alert" i say falling back onto the bed. Ive been awake since 12 o'clock last night because Klaus was in a different time zone and decided to arrange a meet up.

"Elena can you come downstairs please I need to talk to you" John says opening the door and I look to Elena. "Your moms downstairs" I say hearing Isobel who I met through Katherine. Elena John and I walk downstairs. "Isobel" I say and she speeds around looking scared. "R-red I-I" I cut her off. "Just say what you have to say" I say gesturing to Elena.

"You invited her in!" Elena says pointing to Isobel and John steps in front of Isobel. "She has information on Klaus" John says and rub my temples. "Your stupidity really surprises me sometimes John" I say and Isobel walks into the kitchen and we follow.

"Since I was last here I've been trying to find Klaus, we knew our best chance was to find him before he could find you" Isobel says and I scoff, honestly what's there plan? Play 'where's Wally' until Klaus gives up? "Best chance at what?" Elena asks and John steps forward. "At keeping you safe" he says and I laugh.

"You've got to be kidding me" I say stepping forward and Isobel steps back. "Did you find Klaus" I ask a little bit concerned. "No. Nobody knows where he is"  Isobel says and I resist smirking. "But they're rumours flying around about a doppelgänger existing-" I cut Isobel off.

"Yeah Klaus knows that a new doppelgänger exists but he thinks your in LA thanks to some quality fake gossiping by yours truly but he is coming our way soon" I say and Everyone looks confused.

"Wait how do you know Klaus knows a doppelgänger exists." John asks and I scoff. "A magician never revivals there secrets dear john, and I don't trust you" I say and Isobel looks to Elena. "Anyone who wants to get a favour with Klaus will be lining up to get you" Isobel says and Elena steps towards her.

"Last time you where here you made it clear you didn't give a damn about me, and now all of a sudden you want to help I don't buy it" Elena says and John shakes his head. "Isobel's been helping all along" he says and I scoff.

"Shut up John, people who would be dumb enough to trust Isobel don't get to talk" I say looking back to Isobel. "What's your big 'save Elena plan' huh? Because if you have one do tell" I say and she steps back a bit.

"I have a safe house you can go to, the deed is in your name. No vampires can enter not even me let me help you Elena " Isobel says that's actually a pretty good idea. "You wanna help? Then get the hell out of my house" Elena says and everyone leaves the house.

Salvatore boarding house

I walk into the house at the same time as Katherine. "So What evil plan have you been concocting?" I ask and she looks to me innocently. "What gave you That idea?" She asks and I walk backwards into the living room. "You smell like Elena's mom" I say then I sit down next to Damon Stefan and Elena.

"So what's the plan?" I ask and Damon looks to Katherine and everyone is silent. "Ugh come on!" Katherine says frustratedly kicking the couch. "I gave you A werewolf, the moonstone and a dagger to lure and kill Klaus with and now all you have is the moonstone or so you tell me" Katherine says and he Damon shakes his head.

"We have it, it's in a very safe place" Damon says and Katherine glares at him. "I've been honest with you. It's Time to return the favour" Katherine says and Damon stands up. "Let me be honest with you, don't mistake the fact we haven't set you on fire in your sleep for trust" Damon says and Katherine scoffs.

"Fine, be that way" she says annoyed and walks off.

"Well I am busy for the rest of the day so have fun... be carful Elena" I say after looking at my phone to see my witch texted saying:

Erica- Klaus has been spotted just outside mystic falls... he knows where and who the doppelgänger is.