Chapter 1

Lauren's POV

It's the first day of my senior year & I hate it. I get anxiety thinking about the future in general most times. This is my last year to act foolish & not give a fuck about anything at all. The bad thing is that I give too many fucks when it comes to school.

It's almost always because of Camila. I wish I could just get over her but for some reason I can't. I've had a crush on her for almost four years now. She doesn't even go that way, I think. We haven't really spoken much since freshmen year.

To be more clear about why I think that senior year will be a good year is because I completely changed over the summer. I lost 15 pounds and have light abs showing & got rewarded with a tattoo on the back of my neck.

To add to the whole new look I also changed my style. I chose to wear a red crop top, some high waisted jeans, and red high top converse. I straightened my hair for the first time in about 2 weeks to make a good impression. I apply my make up on & head to my car.

As I arrive to school with my cousins, Ally & Luis, I could feel eyes on either my car or us. At the beginning of middle school & some time in high school, people thought that Luis & I were dating due to our closeness. That would always have us laughing. Thank goodness that all stopped now.

"People must have really missed us because they can't keep their eyes off us," Luis said looking out his passenger window.

"You wish, they're all staring at Lauren," Ally stated & my cheeks flushed at her comment. That couldn't be true. The only time people stare at me is when I make class presentations.

"No they're not," I playfully hit my cousin then find a parking spot near my first and last class so I won't have to walk too far.

We head to our classes individually. I look at my schedule & see that I have home room first. From what I've heard all they do in that class is presentations & go on computers. The thing is I get stage fright so easily. I shake it off & go to the library, where the class is held. Off the bat, I notice Luis is also in this class. How could we overlook this? We've been waiting to have classes together again since the 8th grade!

"Laur, I didn't know you had this class too!" he shouted from the other side of the room. That caused people to stare at me once again like earlier before.

"Lauren Jauregui?" I heard a familiar voice from behind me. Day ruined in 3.. 2.. 1, as I turned around to see who it was.

"Hey Camila," I say to the brown eyed girl. She's gotten even more beautiful.

"I didn't know you were in this class," she reaches for my wrist and takes it. Here come the goosebumbs.

"Same goes to you," I comment back, hopefully she doesn't notice the blush I'm failing to hide.

"Sit next to me?" Camila looks into my eyes. God damn those brown eyes. She has no idea what they do to me. I just nod and follow her to some empty seats.

"Isn't Normani gonna sit with you?" I finally spoke out. She shook her head. "Did she actually move?"

"She wanted to see how it would be for a semester so yeah," Camila gently smiles at me. I smile back in return.

"What about your other friends?" I ask.

"You are my friend," she states and I let go that we haven't spoken a lot since freshmen year. I mean, we had a class together last year but talked like twice. The main reason we even spoke last year was because of Normani.

"So, let's get started shall we?" the teacher, Ms. Swift, caught our attention. "Since it's the first day back write a paper about how your summer went," the woman continues. The class groans at the assignment. "Calm down, it only has to be a half page and then you could do whatever," Ms. Swift says. She's always been laid back.

For the first time, in 3 years, I see Camila doing her work. "Am I having a dream?" I joke around with the younger girl. She playfully smacks my arm & chuckles.

"Haha, very funny," Camila says sarcastically, "I've missed you." 

Her confession causes my stomach to stir. "I've missed you too Karla," I whisper the last part because I was one of the few that knew her first name.

"I told you to never call me that," she says. I extend my legs so now they're on top of her thighs as she's sitting. "Let me do my work," she complained but with a laugh.

"Yes, can you please finish your paper and then go back to flirting?" Ms. Swift says just loud enough for us to hear. My face is possibly bright pink right now. I sure know that Camila's is.

"We're not flirting," I state as I take my legs off of Camila. Her eyes dart to me.

"Well then, whatever it is you call it, get back to work then do what you please," the teacher tells us & walks away.

"See what you get me into," she says. I chuckle at her reaction.

"It's your fault for flirting with me," I smirk.

"Can you blame me? Look at you, with your crop top" she winks at me. I know that I'm blushing for sure now.

"Have you talked to Dinah lately?" I ask as we begin to type. I'm not trying to look like a tomato right now.

"Dinah Jane?" she wants clarification. I nod at her question. "Yeah," Camila answers, "but not much."

"I remember when she tried to convince us to ditch school," I reminisced.

"Oh yeah! Haha, if we did I probably would've failed Algebra," she stated.

"Come on, you passed with a 'B', you did great," I smile.

"That was only because of you," Camila placed a hand on mine & gave my cheek a peck. Where's all this affection coming from?

"You almost done with your paper?" I question the girl.

"Yeah, what about you?" she turns back to the computer.

"I just need to print," I say. I wait a couple more minutes so Camila could finish up.

"Let's go get them so then we'll be done!" she laughs & we head to one of the printers. As soon as we hand them to the teacher Camila rushes us back to our seats and places my legs back onto her lap like earlier.

"I told you that you were the one flirting," I chuckle. She gets closer to my face & looks me directly in the eyes.

"And what if I was?" Camila says & backs her face away quickly. My heart beat sped up. "Anyways, you have someone special in your life?" she asks.

"You mean besides you? No," I say & hope that she replies with the same answer as mine.

"Actually, I have a boyfriend - Austin," she states. My heart drops & I cringe once I hear the male's name. I should've seen it coming.