Chapter 2

Lauren's POV

"Your so called best friend?" I tried to hide my saddness with a chuckle.

"He was there when Harry broke up with me," I rolled my eyes at her response, "apart from Perrie and the others."

"I think you're forgetting someone," I slightly smile.

"How could anyone forget about Lauren Jauregui being my Dr.Phil when it came to Harry Styles?" she let out a chuckle. Oh god, how much I missed hearing that sound.

"He still goes to Santos Valleys, huh?" I say now talking about Austin referring to the high school about an hour away from here. She nods. "He drives over here everyday to see you? That's dedication," I say a bit impressed. She starts laughing.

"Nope, Austin is too.. I don't know, but I go over to his high school every day," Camila's still holding some laughter.

"That's too long of a drive," I tell her.

"I take the bus," she states. My mouth drops open, that's 2 hours on public transportation because of all the stops.

"From now on, I'll drive you over there," I offer the girl, "that is, if you would like."

"That'd be awesome," she smiles, "thanks."

"You're welcome," I smile back. It was really weird having Camila talk to me for this long in public. What happened to the girl that didn't even wanna be seen talking to me? That probably changed when she stopped talking to Perrie and Jade. My freshmen year Camila was friends with them, I didn't know the bow-lover back then until later that same year. The group hated my friends. I don't talk to them as much anymore but my group of so called friends were Maia, Cymphonique, & Hailee. At least I hung out with them during PE and some other classes. My true friends were Max, Jake, Louis, Ariana, and Zendaya. The 5 people still hang out with me. "What's your last class?" I ask changing the subject.

"Baking," she says looking at the clock on the wall, "you?"

"I aid for Jennifer," I said.

"Who?" she turns back to face me again.

"I mean, Ms.Lawrence, I aid for Ms.Lawrence," I correct myself.

"You call her by her first name?" she perks an eyebrow.

"Yeah," I look away now. People have often found it weird that Ms. Lawrence & I were so close.

"She's pretty," Camila mumbled, "& young."

"I think I might even have a chance," I winked jokingly. Not a second passes and Camila pushes my legs off her lap. "Did I do something?" I ask her. The bell rings & I never get an answer.

Time goes by fast after that, soon enough it's lunch time. Thank goodness that I only have 5 classes this year. I mean real classes anyways, I help teachers out for 2 periods. Those are my 5th and 7th. Best schedule ever! 5th is right after lunch and 7th is the last class of the day. Of course I had to work my butt off for that.

"Hey," Ally greets me, "you aren't getting lunch?"

"No, ima go see if I can miss 5th period so I can have a longer lunch," I smile.

"Don't you have a class?" she perks an eyebrow up.

"I aid for Mr. Henrie," I state to the short girl as we sat down on a bench that was near us.

"You aid for David Henrie?" she exclaims a little too loud and causes people to stare at us.

"Mr.Henrie, yes," I say as the students go back to their own conversations.

"Lucky ass!" she says, "I'm gonna go now, I gotta call Troy."

"How are you 2 doing anyways?" I ask.

"It's harder now since he's in college," she states, gets up, and leaves my sight.

"Lauren!" I hear a male's voice proclaim. I look over and spot Louis rushing over to me. "I have yet to have a class with you young lady."

"I know, but don't you aid next period?" I question the young man.

"Yeah, for the library, why?" Louis answers.

"Ask if you have to go," I tell him. He smirks at me.

"I already got it handled," Louis states, "I don't have to go the whole week, I was gonna ask you to get out of your 5th period class today too."

"Come with me to ask Mr.Henrie?" I pout and give him the puppy eyes. Louis grabs me by the wrist and leads us to Mr.Henrie's classroom. The teacher looks over when I open the door and gives us a warm smile. "I know it's only the first day, but I was wondering if I can miss my aiding for today," I say nervously. 

"Yeah, you can actually not be here the whole year," he responds but I can't tell if he's being serious or sarcastic. 

"I said from the beginning of last year that I don't need an aid but does the administration listen?  No," he smiles, "I'm serious, you can do whatever."

"I was just asking for today," I say quietly.

"I rather you be out for 5th period than be aiding for me, all my past aids did was go on their phone, unless you wanna be bored and grade countless papers," he says. I smile and I'm relieved he wasn't angry. We left the scene and head to the parking lot.

"Where do you think you're heading?" we hear a female voice ask and our eyes go wide. Louis and I turn around to find it was Ariana. I quickly pick her up and spin the girl around. How could I forget about her? We spent almost all summer together. Fuck. "Someone's excited to see me," Ariana smirks when once I put her down. I pull her in for a kiss and she kisses back quickly.

"It was nice catching up but Lauren & I have to go," Louis says.

"Where are you 2 heading?" she asks looking at me.

"Probably downtown, we have an hour and a half lunch," I answer.

"Lucky, I wish I could go but I actually have classes," she says.

"Who says we were gonna invite you anyways?" Louis chuckles. I shoot him a glare. "Sorry," he put his hands in the air.

"Alright, I'll leave you 2 now," Ariana smiles as we get in my car because Louis' car was too far away. She goes up to the car and I roll down the window. "See you later babe?" the girl asks.

"Of course," I answer. She leans and gives me a pecks my lips lightly.

"Okay, lovebirds, we gotta go," Louis complains.

"Bye babe," I lean in and kiss her as lightly as she kissed me a while ago. We head out of the school area and towards the downtown area.